No announcement yet.

Bob Arum 'Shane Mosley is Mayweather's most difficult fight' not Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Arum 'Shane Mosley is Mayweather's most difficult fight' not Pacquiao

lol 80% of the mayweather haters like pull****er predicted floyd wouldnt fight mosley and floyd is scared of him, after floyd dominated now they started discrediting the win. bitches will be bitches n haters gona hate as usual

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post

It's a good thing it ain't in black and white. Other wise they'll say Bob was much younger when he said that.

Comment

By Michael Marley, Examiner.com

Our long international nightmare will soon be over.

I guess Midsummer Madness came early this year as Lindsay Lohan has been slapped with a 90 day jail term.
          I guess the judge was not impressed as I am by the fact that Lohan has come up "clean" on almost as many drug tests as Manny Pacquiao.
          Russian and American spies may soon be traded like a collection of old baseball cards. That's not very James Bondish, is it?

The tiresome, oh so tiresome, LeBron James saga concludes on national television Thursday night as King James, who was has won neither an NBA title nor a single game in the finals, reveals whether he will remain in Cleveland or move to New York, Miami or Chicago (the Nets seem to be in his rearview mirror).

Equally as tiresome is the Floyd Mayweather-Pacquiao will they fight on Nov. 13 or will it be the 12th of Never boreathon (if that's a word?).
          Putting L'il Floyd's little scavenger hunt aside, this melodrama is losing public interest day by day.

But, as he lolled on a Puerto Rican beachfront, Uncle Bob Arum assured me Thursday afternoon that the other boxing shoe will drop by next Friday, meaning we must suffer through one more week of tedium if not despair.

Arum even joked about the King James soap opera.

“Mayweather is waiting to see where LeBron is going,” the longtime, ardent Knicks fan said. “Then Floyd is also going to go with that team.”

So, I asked the Top Rank honcho, who has to initiate the next communication, you or Mayweather adviser Al Haymon?

As if by rote, Arum barked: “No comment, no comment, no comment.”

I cut him off before he could get to a fourth “no comment.”

“Next week tells the story,” Arum said as he got ready for the Bernabe Concepcion-Juan Manuel Lopez title bout in Islan Encanta. “We have the fight but subject to Mayweather's acceptance.”

I asked if there is an actual “drop dead” date and, thankfully, Bobala did not disappoint.

“If Mayweather accepts, if we have the fight for November...we'll know that by next Saturday and., if it is a go, we will announce it on the following Monday.”

If not, as previously plotted by Arum, he will move on to a Pacman against Antonio Margarito or Pacquaio-Cotto II event, either one fighting the Pinoy Idol on Nov. 13.

If Mayweather-Pacquiao comes to fruition for Nov. 13, that leaves a Dec. 4 date in which Top Rank would stage another “in house” bout, the sure to be controversial rematch between the Puerto Rican slugger and the Mexican Mauler.

This may seem like a loose thread but Arum even said he has an open mind, should Mayweather demur and decide he wants Pacquiao next year, to a Mayweather-Cotto bout. But he added no one has discussed such a bout with him from the Mayweather side.

“Hypothetically, if they said Mayweather would fight Miguel on Dec. 4, I'd say let's discuss the terms and then go to my fighter on that.”

One more week, one painful week, to go.

Keep telling yourself, Mayweather Maniacs and Pacquiao Worldwide Army faithful, it's only a movie.

It's up to King Floyd as to whether he hears your pleas or defers and leaves us all consolation prizes.

Does he respect all the fans or consider them just, well just scavengers?
          The main thing is the hunt is nearly over.

Comment

This thread is bump worthy.

Comment

So what if he said that? That means the fight shouldn't happen because of one old mans opinion?

STFU.

Comment

I done heard it all with this one...

"@TheSPORTSMEN10 bob was promoting shane only to raze floyd for a bigger pay day with manny. (think about it) bob's a promoter to make money"

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                  So what if he said that? That means the fight shouldn't happen because of one old mans opinion?

STFU.
                  A bitter Mosley fan I see.

Your fighter got his ass kicked for 12 rounds, take it like a man and accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post

STFU.
                    Problem is he wasn't the only one saying it.

Comment

Working...
                    X