No announcement yet.

How frustrating is it for fighters to enter a ring fully confident

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How frustrating is it for fighters to enter a ring fully confident

and just get broken down..must be an extremly helpless feeling..has to **** your mentality up knowing you're doing your best but it isnt even close to good enough

it just goes to show you that mental toughness is something all the greats have. that unbreakable will to win is the most important part

Comment

I can only imagine that feeling. But it's that experience that helps some fighters find a new gear, a whole new potential to tap into that they never realized they had.
      Just one of the many things that make this sport so facinating.

Comment

Originally posted by Visceral View Post
        I can only imagine that feeling. But it's that experience that helps some fighters find a new gear, a whole new potential to tap into that they never realized they had.
        Just one of the many things that make this sport so facinating.
        yep the great ones have that will to win that seperates them from good solid fighters who crumble under pressure

Comment

I love it when a fighter comes into the ring just knowing they're gonna win.. So arrogant and then they get beat down....

Two fights come to mind..

1. James Toney Vs Michael Nunn
          2. Antonio Demarco Vs Edwin Valero

Comment

Originally posted by llamas1 View Post
            I love it when a fighter comes into the ring just knowing they're gonna win.. So arrogant and then they get beat down....

Two fights come to mind..

1. James Toney Vs Michael Nunn
            2. Antonio Demarco Vs Edwin Valero
            Uhh, Demarco was far from looking arrogant and sure of his victory. The guy looked nervous as ****, kissing all his family members. He never comes in all happy-go-lucky like that, he was obviously nervous and tried to deal with it in that manner.

Just like clottey coming out to the pacquiao fight dancing his way to the ring. So out of character and obvious that they're anxious.

Comment

Cintron comes to mind,
              He could've been a bigtimer in boxing but his mentality
              dayum shame.

Comment

its one thing to get brutally beaten..but i bet fighting floyd has to piss you off..you cant hit him then he just pot shots your ass and pisses you off even more...kinda like fighting a lil ****er you cant catch..frustrating

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin'J View Post
                  Cintron comes to mind,
                  He could've been a bigtimer in boxing but his mentality
                  dayum shame.
                  yep cintron can flat foot fight..but has no mental strength..id put him and judah in the same category

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
                    its one thing to get brutally beaten..but i bet fighting floyd has to piss you off..you cant hit him then he just pot shots your ass and pisses you off even more...kinda like fighting a lil ****er you cant catch..frustrating
                    No kidding.... He's got so much talent in the ring if you're not an elite fighter hes gonna potshot you to death and if you're a danger he will just shoulder block you and outpoint you. I watched the Gatti fight a couple weeks ago. It was like Floyd was beating an infant.

Comment

Working...
                    X