Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do fighters from the UK and European countries struggle once they come the US?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why do fighters from the UK and European countries struggle once they come the US?

I'm not making this into a USA vs. Euro/UK thing thread but a lot of them struggle when they come overseas and fight fighters that fight here. Barrera Vs. Hamed, Hatton vs. Manny, Floyd vs Hatton, etc. If Burns fought Beltran over here he would have won. Is it because of the level of the competition that is over there? Lack of proper training? Again, I understand some UK and Euro fighters have success like Amir Khan, GGG, and Carl Froch but I'm talking about overall.

Originally posted by fallen_ego View Post
    I'm not making this into a USA vs. Euro/UK thing thread but a lot of them struggle when they come overseas and fight fighters that fight here. Barrera Vs. Hamed, Hatton vs. Manny, Floyd vs Hatton, etc. If Burns fought Beltran over here he would have won. Is it because of the level of the competition that is over there? Lack of proper training? Again, I understand some UK and Euro fighters have success like Amir Khan, GGG, and Carl Froch but I'm talking about overall.
    You've listed three fighters. Any more?

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_ego View Post
      Hamed? Hatton? ...... Burns?

Seems like you haven't been paying attention to the sport of boxing, oh I don't know... like, this decade?

Comment

Again, trying to bash any euro or UK fighters but it seems they struggle when they come over and fight fighters over here. Like I said, I know there is good UK/Euro fighters but they seem to struggle when they head over here. GGG and Khan came to the USA to train. Is it because of lack of good trainers or sparring partners?

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
          Hamed? Hatton? ...... Burns?

Seems like you haven't been paying attention to the sport of boxing, oh I don't know... like, this decade?
          Paulie vs Vyacheslav Senchenk is another. There's more. Brain freezing.

Comment

For Hatton you've neglected Collazo, Urango, Castillo & Malignaggi. For Hamed - Kelley, McCullough, Soto, Sanchez.

It has nothing to do with the nationality of a fighter and all to do with what the US is and that's a platform. When a fighter 'comes to the US' that means they're challenging the best in the world whether they're American or not.

The sport is huge in America too compared to somewhere like the UK. We produce our fair share of talented boxers with a great or two coming along once a decade.

Comment

They are big fish in a little pond... Then in America they are just a fish in a huge pond..

All the best fighters from around the world eventually come to America..

Same thing happens to American fighters, they may dominate whatever region they are from but as soon as they step up they get beat..
              Just look at guys like Tim Coleman, Vernon Paris, Jason litzau, joe mesi... They can dominate the club fights but get exposed badly once they are on the world level

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                For Hatton you've neglected Collazo, Urango, Castillo & Malignaggi. For Hamed - Kelley, McCullough, Soto, Sanchez.

It has nothing to do with the nationality of a fighter and all to do with what the US is and that's a platform. When a fighter 'comes to the US' that means they're challenging the best in the world whether they're American or not.

The sport is huge in America too compared to somewhere like the UK. We produce our fair share of talented boxers with a great or two coming along once a decade.
                Yeah this is what I thought, left out all the key wins and just showed fights where they lost. Also Hatton was very successful until you highlighted that he lost against the two most prominent and prolific fighters of this era.

What about the current fighters in Wlad, Brook, Provodnikov, Kovalev, Postol, Gradovich, Lomachenko, Kiko Martinez etc

Comment

Originally posted by CLUNG3-TANK View Post
                  What about the current fighters in Wlad, Brook, Provodnikov, Kovalev, Postol, Gradovich, Lomachenko, Kiko Martinez etc
                  Klitschko doesn't come to America, neither do Cruiserweight champs, America is domestic level when it comes to these divisions.

Comment

Thats the huge advantage american fighters have, they dont have to travel to foreign land in a hostile territory with the exception of few to be relevant as long as they have the potential....current US fighters are spoiled to ****..imagine what foreign fighters had to do to fight in the US , prolly more than what they had to deal with in the ring..

Comment

Working...
                    X