No announcement yet.

HISTORY SECTION Can we pass a new Law ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    Keep in mind, I didn't say he wasn't an all time great. I think he was an ATG. My point was that I would not rank him as equal to Hagler or Monzon. It wasn't meant to be insulting. It's just an opinion in the same way you have an opinion on Mayweather. Peace to you too, and on to the next topic.
    Fair enough mate,..... I do respect you, you do have good things to say. I do admit that I think the old-timers were fighting against far more great fighters than the Haglers and Monzons in the "colour film era"................ But I also believe a champions job is to fight all comers and beat them, a la Hagler, Monzon, Darcy, Ketchel for example.......... If you are Kostya Tszyu for instance, is it your fault there's no Ray Robinson to beat......... And it was BECAUSE of the massive regard I have for Robinson that I started this thread...... There are some great MW's that could beat Ray, maybe,...... But NONE OF THEM BEAT HIM 3 times,... As for Floyd, for a start he just isn't a MW............. he could out class many MW's but not the top 12 or so, and Ray would knock him out for certain, it would be great while it lasted though.
    Last edited by McGoorty; 09-29-2011, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Keep in mind, I didn't say he wasn't an all time great. I think he was an ATG. My point was that I would not rank him as equal to Hagler or Monzon. It wasn't meant to be insulting. It's just an opinion in the same way you have an opinion on Mayweather. Peace to you too, and on to the next topic.
      Next topic eh !,.... ok then,..... find an interesting history topic and start a thread and I'll see what I can do... cheers.

Comment

Sure. If you stop mentioning Les Darcy in the same sentence with fighters like Monzon and Hagler.
        Sorry McGoorty, he got you good.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
          Next topic eh !,.... ok then,..... find an interesting history topic and start a thread and I'll see what I can do... cheers.
          Cool. Give me about 10 hours lol

Comment

It isn't just Mayweather. We get Wlad and Vitali and other fighter's fans coming here and doing the same thing. We too often see somebody ask a question, often comparing their favorite present to an ATG, and then they spend the rest of the thread debating and trying to convince us. (I know why ask if they don't want to hear the answer)

Active fighters should not be the subject of a thread in this section in my opinion. Those threads are best left in the NSB.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
              Sorry McGoorty, he got you good.
              I can take it, although I could have used Darcy's chin, mine is suspect, to say the least. Posting sure is safer than fighting........ People can rebut me whenever they feel like, but they gotta know that I WILL ASK QUESTIONS until I get some elaboration on the reasons for their disapproval. As for Darcy, you know what they say about publicity, even bad publicity is better than NO PUBLICITY....... I've made him famous again..... HOORAY !!

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                It isn't just Mayweather. We get Wlad and Vitali and other fighter's fans coming here and doing the same thing. We too often see somebody ask a question, often comparing their favorite present to an ATG, and then they spend the rest of the thread debating and trying to convince us. (I know why ask if they don't want to hear the answer)

Active fighters should not be the subject of a thread in this section in my opinion. Those threads are best left in the NSB.
                YES !!!!...... I think so too,... history is about the dead and the long retired. When Floyd is 50 or 80 they'll talk about him, but it's only when fighters head off to Valhalla that they get to join the SRR,... GREB......SULLIVAN, .... Non Pariel etc...... Club..... you know what I mean,....... That's where the ultimate Pantheon is......

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
                  YES !!!!...... I think so too,... history is about the dead and the long retired. When Floyd is 50 or 80 they'll talk about him, but it's only when fighters head off to Valhalla that they get to join the SRR,... GREB......SULLIVAN, .... Non Pariel etc...... Club..... you know what I mean,....... That's where the ultimate Pantheon is......
                  Perhaps just retired is enough.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                    Perhaps just retired is enough.
                    LOL...... No I don't wish that on any of them,.... but I like the idea of Valhalla,.... eventually.

Comment

Working...
                    X