Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al Haymon plummet $434 million in a single year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have faith that Uncle Al will pull it around, I hear he is very smart and went to Harvard.

Comment

• Originally posted by killakali View Post
      you just were fooling yourself and trying to foool everyone else with your lack of knowledge acting like these glorified site coordinators were promoting anything
      Please. Aren't you the same guy who reacted to a merger with the networks most involved in boxing by saying, "maybe they drop boxing?" You're way too emotionally invested in this which is why a serious conversation isn't worth having with you. Carry your e-trophy home. And when you grow taller than it maybe we can discuss.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Please. Aren't you the same guy who reacted to a merger with the networks most involved in boxing by saying, "maybe they drop boxing?" You're way too emotionally invested in this which is why a serious conversation isn't worth having with you. Carry your e-trophy home. And when you grow taller than it maybe we can discuss.
        6'2" homeboy. And they could drop boxing. When mergers happen people get laid off. Programs change. Agendas change. Budgets change.

Youre the guy trying to fool everyone into thinking PBC isn't a promotional outfit. Do they give you a percentage? I hope so for that much blowing you are doing

Comment

6'2" homeboy. And they could drop boxing. When mergers happen people get laid off. Programs change. Agendas change. Budgets change.

Youre the guy trying to fool everyone into thinking PBC isn't a promotional outfit. Do they give you a percentage? I hope so for that much blowing you are doing
          When someone creates a thread saying that the merger of networks showing boxing could potentially mean more boxing--or at the very least a sign that the sport will still have legs in the near future--and you respond by saying they could drop boxing, what kind of fan are you? Either you wanna see it fail or you're a dark pessimist.

You carry that same attitude here so I suspect you just hate anything involving PBC. Some of us actually enjoy having a lot more fights to watch. Some of us have enjoyed watching some really good matches on network TV. We're not naive. We're just boxing fans who like the sport. So all that corny **** about who I'm blowing is silly talk that shows me what kind of mentality you have.

My conversation was with an alias/alt comparing PBC to GBP and Top Rank. That's like saying Apple and Beats by Dre are the same because they both make headphones. DBE, King's Sports, and so many others are sham promoters because they don't set the price on hot dogs? Ok then let's go with that: PBC is a promoter that uses a host of promoters, giving them shows and greater exposure for their fighters through their televised platform. And they give them less work to do. And they don't have to fight for a card on an HBO skewed heavily toward one or two outfits. Terrible, I know. There aren't too many companies Haymon/PBC hasn't worked with, even if it meant having them fight on another network. Poor sham promoters, giving up their right to set ticket prices when they could be going out of business instead. Don't they realize they're killing the sport?

Comment

When someone creates a thread saying that the merger of networks showing boxing could potentially mean more boxing--or at the very least a sign that the sport will still have legs in the near future--and you respond by saying they could drop boxing, what kind of fan are you? Either you wanna see it fail or you're a dark pessimist.

You carry that same attitude here so I suspect you just hate anything involving PBC. Some of us actually enjoy having a lot more fights to watch. Some of us have enjoyed watching some really good matches on network TV. We're not naive. We're just boxing fans who like the sport. So all that corny **** about who I'm blowing is silly talk that shows me what kind of mentality you have.

My conversation was with an alias/alt comparing PBC to GBP and Top Rank. That's like saying Apple and Beats by Dre are the same because they both make headphones. DBE, King's Sports, and so many others are sham promoters because they don't set the price on hot dogs? Ok then let's go with that: PBC is a promoter that uses a host of promoters, giving them shows and greater exposure for their fighters through their televised platform. And they give them less work to do. And they don't have to fight for a card on an HBO skewed heavily toward one or two outfits. Terrible, I know. There aren't too many companies Haymon/PBC hasn't worked with, even if it meant having them fight on another network. Poor sham promoters, giving up their right to set ticket prices when they could be going out of business instead. Don't they realize they're killing the sport?
            You're absolutely right. They are. They give tickets away which ruins markets to actually sell tickets which real promoters who have a vested interest care about.

These site promoters get a flat fee whether the event sells 1 ticket or 10,000. They have zero incentive to promote since the actual promoter (PBC) reaps the benefits of the promotions.

It is too bad PBC didn't work. I am sure you read the article by Dan Rafael about the lack of fights for PBC fighters. Looks like FS1 and ESPN's fights which are Estrella TV and Unimas level will continue but Fox has only done two cards, NBC a couple and is phasing out the business, CBS isn't doing anymore.

PBC needs to work on Spike who actually pays for content and Showtime. I guess that is why Haymon is rumored to be releasing a bunch of fighters in the near future.

Comment

You're absolutely right. They are. They give tickets away which ruins markets to actually sell tickets which real promoters who have a vested interest care about.

These site promoters get a flat fee whether the event sells 1 ticket or 10,000. They have zero incentive to promote since the actual promoter (PBC) reaps the benefits of the promotions.

It is too bad PBC didn't work. I am sure you read the article by Dan Rafael about the lack of fights for PBC fighters. Looks like FS1 and ESPN's fights which are Estrella TV and Unimas level will continue but Fox has only done two cards, NBC a couple and is phasing out the business, CBS isn't doing anymore.

PBC needs to work on Spike who actually pays for content and Showtime. I guess that is why Haymon is rumored to be releasing a bunch of fighters in the near future.
              If you truly thought it was "too bad" you wouldn't pronounce a live body dead.

Yeah, I read the ESPN article and did what I always do with any news story: Ignored his opinion and/or hyperbole, processed information from unnamed sources (everyone's whispering the same thing) and then I focused on the only thing that ultimately mattered--the quotes. We'll see.

With regard to the promoters, are you seriously saying that the sport is dying because PBC promoters don't promote well? Seriously?

Comment

Schooled? Lol. Ok, carry your e-trophy home then.
                Hilarious.

Comment

• Here we go...

Comment

If you truly thought it was "too bad" you wouldn't pronounce a live body dead.

Yeah, I read the ESPN article and did what I always do with any news story: Ignored his opinion and/or hyperbole, processed information from unnamed sources (everyone's whispering the same thing) and then I focused on the only thing that ultimately mattered--the quotes. We'll see.

With regard to the promoters, are you seriously saying that the sport is dying because PBC promoters don't promote well? Seriously?
                    they are killing markets in the us with free tickets. people hesitate to buy and hope to get the stacks that pbc would give away week of fight. its a real shame

Comment

they are killing markets in the us with free tickets. people hesitate to buy and hope to get the stacks that pbc would give away week of fight. its a real shame
                      Well yeah, they are the first and currently the only promoters to give away tickets.

Comment

Working...
                      X