Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst decline in a fighter you've seen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The difference between the Ali who met Spinks in their second fight and the Ali who faced Holmes in his very next fight was alarming!

Comment

John Tate vs. Mike Weaver. Quickest decline ever. :-)

Donald Curry slipped slowly then suddenly. I get the Honeyghan loss, he looked like a gaunt corpse before the fight even started and to Lloyd's credit, he gave him no room to breath. But the mistake he made in the McCallum KOby...what guy with 400+ amateur fights lapses like that. Losing to ordinary Jacquot completed the slide, for me. Nothing resembling the flawless machine who destroyed McCrory.

Comment

Tito after Hopkins fight
        Dawson after Stevenson

Comment

Riddick bowe had a sudden collapse from being a young undefeated undisputed heavyweight champ

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Riddick bowe had a sudden collapse from being a young undefeated undisputed heavyweight champ
            I think it was too much money and a love for food that did bowe in the most. he was just too lazy and had that rap even as an amateur. I really don't think it was an opponent that did him in the worst but himself

Comment

I don't think any fighter declined as badly as Mike Tyson.

Maybe Michael Grant. He was just never the same after Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                Tito after Hopkins fight
                Dawson after Stevenson
                Tito looked absolutely brilliant against Mayorga!

Comment

Aside from agreeing with many of the choices above - Hamed.

Nothing infuriates me more than wasted talent. And Hamed possessed enough talent to spread between three ABC belt champions.

Within twelve months - and YEARS before his peak - Hamed's form collapsed from box-office phenomenon with the agility of a quantum waveform, the chin of a habour tug and the stopping power of cardiac arrest - to that which you'd attribute to cardiac arrest.

It's easy to bash Hamed and Lord knows I've done my share. But anyone who saw him before the Bolvian Marching Powder knew that if he were to be undone it would be by himself.

I mean, I always have to chuckle at the usual people who never fail to claim MAB completely outclassed Naz. And I like MAB. Always have. But anyone who suggests he hurt Hamed more than Hamed hurt himself preparing for that fight simply can't have watched the fight. Naz had all but sawn his own legs off and STILL Marco was forced to go the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                    Jermain taylor
                    Man I was just watching one of his old fights today thinking "what happened"

Comment

Without a doubt Mike Tyson he had it all ,$400M in his career IBF,WBC,WBA, he was an American tragedy,wasted talent

Was truly a mess how things unraveled prior to his decline

Comment

Working...
                      X