No announcement yet.

The British fighter prospect prediction league

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The British fighter prospect prediction league

Ok you have one UK guy, you think has the most potential.

I like callum smith, josh warrington and does carl frampton count as a propect now???

But none are my picks, my pick is Billy Joe Saunders.

Hes only 24, he has alot of skill and works on defence first. His punches will get more power in time. Hes honest and humble admitting GGG would beat him and all the other uk propects on the same night currently. So he knows his limitations.

Hes also going through all the belts, something froch would have done if Dennis inkin didnt leg it.

Whos your UK pick, we should keep this thread going to see who does the besr with their pick...

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
    Ok you have one UK guy, you think has the most potential.

I like callum smith, josh warrington and does carl frampton count as a propect now???

But none are my picks, my pick is Billy Joe Saunders.

Hes only 24, he has alot of skill and works on defence first. His punches will get more power in time. Hes honest and humble admitting GGG would beat him and all the other uk propects on the same night currently. So he knows his limitations.

Hes also going through all the belts, something froch would have done if Dennis inkin didnt leg it.

Whos your UK pick, we should keep this thread going to see who does the besr with their pick...
    Biggest problem with Saunders is he lacks a bit of power. He has great skills though. This probably means he'll win his next by empathic KO as I've said this about Degale before.

Luke Campbell maybe? Looks to have a big following and that's gotta be a good thing for luring title holders over and promoters taking a bit more care of him.... Plus more potential to go up to other divisions.

Hughie Fury has been quiet guessing he is on Tysons undercard??

Comment

Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
      Biggest problem with Saunders is he lacks a bit of power. He has great skills though. This probably means he'll win his next by empathic KO as I've said this about Degale before.

Luke Campbell maybe? Looks to have a big following and that's gotta be a good thing for luring title holders over and promoters taking a bit more care of him.... Plus more potential to go up to other divisions.

Hughie Fury has been quiet guessing he is on Tysons undercard??
      ok, ive not seen Hughie fury enough, but he seems very active. Is he a genuine prospect???Has he got the power???

As for Billy joe. I think hes still developing in his body. Strength wise you develop in your late twentines imo.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
        ok, ive not seen Hughie fury enough, but he seems very active. Is he a genuine prospect???Has he got the power???

As for Billy joe. I think hes still developing in his body. Strength wise you develop in your late twentines imo.
        I'd respectfully disagree, Groves is 26, Eubank JR 24, Callum Smith 24.
        Saunders is settled at the weight and I personally think will suffer with the lack of power.

Hughie looks more co-ordinated than Tyson, if he has the same weird mentality as Tyson then he could be dangerous. Heavyweight is such a hard division to progress through.

You avoided Campbell?

Comment

Is Anthony Joshua classed as a prospect? The heavyweight division is so shallow, and although he has been in with nothing but puddings so far I can see him doing well

Comment

Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
            Is Anthony Joshua classed as a prospect? The heavyweight division is so shallow, and although he has been in with nothing but puddings so far I can see him doing well
            I think heavies are to hard to call.
            He lives the life though and is in terrific shape.
            The only negative is I've noticed he can push of a little and lean back under pressure.
            Which pushes his chin up.
            Also could be a bit "nice" maybe ...?

Comment

Joshua or Smith

Some of the others are good but not that good, actually Kal Yafai

Comment

paul butler impressed but imo he should vacate the world as hes to small at the weight. If Stuart hall teed off it always looked like he would get badly hurt.

I think he should move back down...

Comment

Bradley Saunders is my pick.

Turned pro late but no one has a better pedigree than the man.

He's a boxer puncher with it all.

I wish i had of seen this thread when t was made.

Comment

Originally posted by HughJass View Post
                    Bradley Saunders is my pick.

Turned pro late but no one has a better pedigree than the man.

He's a boxer puncher with it all.

I wish i had of seen this thread when t was made.
                    is he the lad whos 28 who did a really good body shot yesterday??

Cracking punch, alot of people seem to be running from him domestically...

Comment

Working...
                    X