No announcement yet.

How do you Hook?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you Hook?

Do you place your fist so that your palm is facing to the floor or so that it's facing you?

What I have in mind is actually a left hook from normal boxing stance...

facing me....

Comment

Facing me. I would like to throw it so that it faces down but I just can't throw it like that.

Comment

Facing me.

But I only throw probably one hook every five rounds of sparring I do, so I'm not exactly an expert.

Comment

Facing yourself, you get much more power out of it that way.

Comment

Facing you. Slightly lower your Forearm so your arms forms a 90 degree angle and lift your Elbow upwards and backwards at the same time. Your wrist is slightly turned so you land with the knuckle part, if its straight you'll end up slapping with it and might even break your fingers.

Comment

Facing me as it seems more natural. In books they seem to do it facing the floor for some reason without saying why?

Comment

I usually throw it with the palm facing me. I have tried for a long time with the palm facing the floor but it just dosen't feel right and it aint as accurate, often it lands with the wrong part of the knuckle when i try doing it with palm down.

Comment

Comment

if its tight like really tight like an inch from my face it will be facing the floor.

if its anything other then really tight its facing me.

and if its john L sullivans scientific round punch its actually facing away from me.

Comment

Working...
                    X