Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angulo/Kirkland; McEwan/Quillin - my REAL boxing colleagues - lets break it down!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angulo/Kirkland; McEwan/Quillin - my REAL boxing colleagues - lets break it down!

We are being treated to an EXCELLENT card this saturday. . .

The first fight of the night, McEwan vs. Quillin, is being overlooked as a "gimme debut win" for Quillin on HBO by those who don't know boxing. McEwan is fleet of hand and foot, and has excellent boxing skills. . . He has faced a lot better competition than Quillin in Andy Lee and Brian Vera. He was schooling both until Andy Lee started timing him coming in, and his superior power got to him. Also, McEwan punched himself out. . . His stamina and power worry me - but he can overcome the latter with superior boxing.

Quillin's best opponent is Jesse Brinkley, who is a lower tier journeyman who didn't even try to win. . .

I think McEwan will win this fight because Quillin can't deal with his foot speed and in and out movements. . . He will come in behind the double jab, and when he's inside he will hit Quillin with combo's to the head and body. . Then he will circle him. . . Rinse and repeat. . . He will have to watch out for Quillin's power, though, as he can hit harder than Craig.

Quillin looks like he is flat footed and glued to the canvas; he looks like he can't deal with movement. He just looks one dimensional, and has yet to fight real competition. . .

The second fight has been a fight I've been dreaming about for years now! Ideally, it would be against a Kirkland who wasn't already sparked out by HOUSE (LAND) OF THE RISING SUN, ISHIDA! But, it is what it is, and maybe it will make Kirkland even more dangerous! He's back with Anne Wolfe, so he should come in 100% in regards to mindset and stamina. BREAKING IT DOWN:

Kirkland's advantages: Speed, slight edge in regards to "ONE PUNCH" power, and overall agility and athleticism.

Angulo's advantages: Better technique, especially on the inside - combination punching and straighter punches. Better punch resistance and chin.

Prediction: PAIN! and Angulo TKO 5. Despite Kirkland having faster hands, Angulo has better technique (straighter shots), so his punches should find their target first. Expect this to have some nice periods of two way action for the first 3 rounds. . . Kirkland will try to fight from the outside and mid-range, takign advantage of his speed, however, around the 4th, Kirkland will try to engage in a phone booth type war which will be his undoing; Angulo has MUCH better inside technique, as he is right at home. . . After a few head snapping uppercuts, he drills Kirkland with a left hook to the liver, and then follows it up with a overhand/right hook. . . Kirkland barely beats the count - angulo jumps on him - wolfe throws the towel in as the ref waives it off.

Comment

Both of these fights are going to be extremely exciting. I got Angulo knocking out Kirkland and I also think McEwan will upset Quillin based on what I saw from McEwan from the Andy Lee fight. I think both fights are going to be competitive and should make for 2 good scraps.

Nice Predictions man I can see both of these happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
        Both of these fights are going to be extremely exciting. I got Angulo knocking out Kirkland and I also think McEwan will upset Quillin based on what I saw from McEwan from the Andy Lee fight. I think both fights are going to be competitive and should make for 2 good scraps.

Nice Predictions man I can see both of these happening.
        Thank you good sir! Im probably underrating Quillin, as he does have pretty fast hands and very good power. . . It's hard to tell. . . He might pick McEwan apart from the outside. . .

Kirkland is also a very live dog. . . He could very well KO Angulo.

CANT WAIT for this saturday! COME ON and get HURRRR!!!

Comment

My Picks:
          McEwan by UD (Yea I know he's a underdog, but who the hell is Kid Chocolate? What has he done? Appeared in some YouTube videos with Ryan Sangria? He is like Omar Henry v2)

Angulo TKO 2nd or 3rd round. Kirkland has always been overrated, his IQ is 20 points below a sex position, you can teach how to punch and how to move but you cant improve your IQ.

Comment

Working...
          X