Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I honestly belive that Shane could have made it through Floyd resume undefeated......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geribeetus View Post
    shane couldn't make 130, but he'd blowout mayweather's comp from lw to ww except for castillo. he'd beat castillo better than mayweather did though.
    I agree with this to the fullest

Comment

perhaps the ts was treating this as a what if moment. if mosley couldve made 130 comfortable how would he do? just my guess

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        He just really had trouble making weight. If he was forced to move to 130 and fight Floyd resume he would NOT have run through that division undefeated.

And, I don't think Floyd could run through Shane resume undefeated either.
        Also agree, Winky, Forrest would have beaten Floyd in my opinion. Also possibly a prime Oscar.

Comment

Man, you cannot compare the 2. Its apples & oranges. You guys act like the size dont matter. So if Floyd came into WW fights weighing 160 like Shane, you dont think he could beat a Vernon Forrest or have no chance? Come on now

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            and i think floyd could have walked thru manny's resume unbeaten. see what i did there???
            I think you just said Floyd is BETTER than Manny or Manny's level of comp hasn't been so high.....one or the other

Comment

Truth is Shane is a bigger man than Floyd. Floyd fighting at 147 is equivalent to Shane fighting at 154.

The same size advantage that fighters like Winky Wright held over Shane at 154 is the same advantage most welterweights hold over Floyd at 147.

A lot of people don't realize how undersized Floyd really is at 147. He wasn't even a power puncher at 130, yet he's winning world title at 154. That would be like Shane winning a title at 160 against Pavlik.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                I think you just said Floyd is BETTER than Manny or Manny's level of comp hasn't been so high.....one or the other
                nope neither...the point is if floyd would have fought manny's comp, he would have won. just because of his skill set and size advantage. has nothin to do with manny. just the truth. u can compare fighters of different sizes and career paths like that, it makes no sense. the best fighters on manny's resume are mab, morales, jmm and perhaps cotto. all ppl floyd moselt likely would have beaten when manny fought them. does it mean much, not really.

Comment

P4P for sure Mosley goes through Mayweather's resume undefeated. Im not sure I can say the same for the opposite.

Comment

Floyd won a SD over Oscar at 154. Should have been unanimous.
                    Shane won a UD over Oscar at 154. He should have lost a UD.

I also don't know about a young Shane beating Genaro Hernandez or Diego Corrales at SFW.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Hall View Post
                      Truth is Shane is a bigger man than Floyd. Floyd fighting at 147 is equivalent to Shane fighting at 154.

The same size advantage that fighters like Winky Wright held over Shane at 154 is the same advantage most welterweights hold over Floyd at 147.

A lot of people don't realize how undersized Floyd really is at 147. He wasn't even a power puncher at 130, yet he's winning world title at 154. That would be like Shane winning a title at 160 against Pavlik.
                      I don't think so really, He's not THAT much smaller. It just seems like Mayweather hadn't grown into the welterweight frame at the time.

He is definately a welterweight now, theres no way Floyd could make JR. WW without being weight drained (which is why he couldn't make the 144 catchweight against Marquez)

Shane moved up to 154 when he probably could have stayed at 147 for the majority of his career (seeing as he did move back down to 147 at 37 years old)

Comment

Working...
                      X