Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what was with Mosley's obsession with touching gloves all the time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what was with Mosley's obsession with touching gloves all the time?

Just rewatched the Mosley mayweather fight and Mosley wanted to touch gloves after every break. Mayweather eventually hits him with 1-2 combo.
    Same in the Mosley PAC fight. PAC hits Mosley with 1-2 combo, Mosley goes down. Immediately after the kd, mosley wants to touch gloves. Wtf..

I know hes a nice guy and all but does he forget at times that he's in a fight?

Lol I always found it odd as well. I think it was done out of nervousness.

Comment

To me it seemed like it was buying time and indirectly asking for mercy.

But maybe he's just overly respectful, and it's something he does a lot of in sparring.

Comment

Go back and watch a Johnny Tapia fight. Dude was over the top with touching gloves. I loved watching him fight, but I hated the constant glove touching.

Comment

yeah, i noticed that too. i don't think its just sportsmanship. i think he recognizes that he's in deep **** and that's his subconscious way of telling the other guy "go easy on me bro".

Comment

I think he had alot of respect for those guys after they started whipping his ass and making him look amatuer. Even if he was over the hill.

Comment

Because he has good manners.

Comment

Originally posted by pnksntdead View Post
                yeah, i noticed that too. i don't think its just sportsmanship. i think he recognizes that he's in deep **** and that's his subconscious way of telling the other guy "go easy on me bro".
                True. But, if you notice he does in the Margarito fight, right after he knocks him down the first or second time, the round before the stoppage. Right before the round ends. Think this is just his habit, and is probably too nice of a guy in there, no hard feelings kind of thing.

Comment

He wanted them to take it easy on him after he was getting his ass kicked.(Pac/May) Pac did a little bit but, May said no mercy !!!

Comment

it was a gesture to invoke sympathy out of manny, he was scared for his life. He didnt want to be in there, if it was up to him he would have quit and ran out the ring but they didnt let him so like the hoe ass nukka he is he did what he was told and got his ass whopped for the entire 12. Same went with mayweather too but mayweather will punish you if he can and with mosley he could so he did.

Comment

Working...
                    X