Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does extra terrestial Microbial life count?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
    Agreed. There are, ask REED, he even got a video lol.

On a serious note, l read an article title at physics.org yesterday that scientists have discovered simple life in distant star or something. l was in a hurry so l was not able to read the details.

lt took billions of years for life on earth to develop from unicellular to multicellular and ultimately to intelligent form. A Billion year is relatively short in cosmic setting, especially if the density of the universe is less than the critical density for it to crunch.
    Hangover messed my brain. This is the article l was referring to

http://m.phys.org/news/2015-02-scien...ion-years.html

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
      There is a concept where the structure of our DNA though it varies wildly from a Chimps is actually in terms of actual matter only 1% different. The smartest chimps can do very basic maths.

Imagine an alien that is 1% greater than us? Who is to say they would even bother, that the very smartest humans can do quantum physics well might be something that is as easy as counting for them. It is hard to even imagine that we could be stupid.
      Recent genome sequence findings put the number at approximately 4% difference, humans and chimpz share a common ancestor around 6 million years ago and they are trying to pinpoint where exactly this genome differences are.
      Last edited by kadyo's; 02-05-2015, 07:20 AM.

Comment

of course it counts, only a religious nutjob would ignore that

Comment

Of course it would count.

Me? I'm already convinced. There is no wah in hell that this universe is only populated by us, IF it is as vast as it appears to be.

Comment

Working...
          X