Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing people: When did the WBO become a real TOP title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one can say a belt is better than the other WBC = Handing Mexicans titles like candy...WBO = Same but with Rican fighters. WBA 80 milllion "Champions per weight class" IBF = Nothing since Tito. Ring Titlecould use a bit of work too not much.. But to say WBC id over WBo ect it's absurd at the time Cotto and Pac fought for the Welter title Andre Berto was WBC holder so I guess it can go diff ways. That green Belt just pops out at people is the most popular but not nec the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      I still don't consider it top. Its WBC and WBA for me. IBF is legitimate but when I started watching boxing there was no IBF.
      IBF is way more legit than the WBC and the WBA now. those belts are jokes now.

Comment

Originally posted by jesusraptor View Post
        IBF is way more legit than the WBC and the WBA now. those belts are jokes now.
        What do you have against the WBC? Their belt looks badass.

Comment

The WBA is a joke with super and regular champions. The WBC is a joke with champions in recess. The IBF is a joke with their rehydration clauses (if it's that big of a deal, do a same-day weigh-in) and stripping on belts before unificiations (Cotto-Margarito I, Cotto-Clottey, Bradley-Alexander).

Comment

When other sanctioning bodies (WBA, WBC) started turning into a joke.

WBC has the best looking belt, though, I'll give them that.
            Last edited by Pirao; 12-20-2011, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X