Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you score Mayweather vs Maidana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had it 6-6, it could have gone either way. The wide scorecard in Floyd's favour was a disgrace. This was a very close and competitive fight.

Huge respect to Maidana, I gave him absolutely no chance before the fight, he made me eat my words.

Comment

115-113 Floyd.

Floyd won rounds 2, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12.

Floyd dug deep like the greats do. Robinson struggled with a "B fighter" in Lamotta, and Ray Robinson is perhaps the GOAT. Floyd is one of the best to lace up a pair of gloves, and Maidana tested him.

Maidana in the end didn't land enough clear and clean punches the 2nd half. Mayweather was really tagging him the last 6-7 rounds, and adjusted on the ropes.

How about all those body shots Floyd landed??? No one is talking about that aside from Al Bernstein.

Comment

I honestly saw a draw, pretty shocked but that is what I saw. Floyd was too inactive laying on the ropes letting Maidana control the pace for long stretches.

He did much better in the center of the ring where Maidana couldn't do much at all but Floyd looked slow, missed badly at times, was hit easier than I thought he would be.

Comment

I'm gonna have to watch and score the fight again sometime with a clear head.

Comment

I scored it a draw. When the 114-114 card was read you can see on floyd's face that he didn't object to it like he did when cj Ross scored his fight with canelo a draw. So he knew it was really that close as well. 117-111 card was far too wide...overall it was a very disappointing performance against such a huge underdog and limited fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              115-113 Floyd.

Floyd won rounds 2, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12.

Floyd dug deep like the greats do. Robinson struggled with a "B fighter" in Lamotta, and Ray Robinson is perhaps the GOAT. Floyd is one of the best to lace up a pair of gloves, and Maidana tested him.

Maidana in the end didn't land enough clear and clean punches the 2nd half. Mayweather was really tagging him the last 6-7 rounds, and adjusted on the ropes.

How about all those body shots Floyd landed??? No one is talking about that aside from Al Bernstein.
              I didn't see quality work from Maidana, at least not consistently but what made it close is that he didn't give Mayweather much room to operate, he extended his right arm and held Mayweather whilst using his left. In the center of the ring Mayweather at times couldn't get going because of Maidana's jab. That said a rematch would be dope.

Comment

Will be interesting to see the press row scores.

Seems the majority in this thread so far think Floyd won.

Comment

The judge who had it 117-111 should have their eyes gouged out!

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                    I honestly saw a draw, pretty shocked but that is what I saw. Floyd was too inactive laying on the ropes letting Maidana control the pace for long stretches.

He did much better in the center of the ring where Maidana couldn't do much at all but Floyd looked slow, missed badly at times, was hit easier than I thought he would be.
                    What does "control the pace" even mean? I always hear this non-phrase when people talk about scoring.

Floyd was laying on the ropes but he wasn't being hit clean. All the clean work in the fight came from Mayweather. Maidana smothered everything or just completely missed.

Comment

6-6, real close fight and Maidana for sure won 4 out of the first 5, then Floyd starts to do well but Chino won 2 more rounds for a draw. Need to re watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X