Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you agree with ESPN as Pacquiao #4 P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
    1. Mayweather
    2. Ward
    3. Martinez
    4. Pacquiao

A lose is a lose, and no matter if you feel he had won against Bradley. His record says differently!
    How can you possibly put floyd ahead of Ward. He dominated Abraham Froch and KO'd Dawson all in the time Mayweather only struggled with Cotto?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      1. Martinez
      2. Pacquiao/JM Marquez
      3. W. Klitschko

- Mayweather is good but he hasn't fought often enough in recent years to be P4P
      - Ward always fights at home with referees who let him use illegal tactics.
      - Both Ward and Donaire work with convicted felon Victor Conte, so they should be suspected of PED use.
      people dont get this

arguably beating marquez and beating bradley should > cotto at 154

Comment

It is one way to look at it, I have no real problem with it but all those top guys can be rearranged depending on what you like and how you weight the variables~ both long term and recent fight history, activity, apparent skill level, and where a guy is at in his career (declining or ascending).
        Last edited by The Gambler1981; 10-28-2012, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Defututus View Post
          people dont get this

I don't think so. One is an official loss the other one close. Either way P4P is a ranking of how if boxers at the same weight were to compete against each other who would win. Floyd's boxing style and his ability to perform at it imo puts him ahead of pac.

Also Floyd did win by a large margin against Cotto... apparently no one saw the scores, it wasn't even close. Floyd is #1 on a lot of lists based off his pure talent and proven ability to win, over a what have you done for me lately thing. IMO him and ward are interchangable depending on how you want to look at it. No way is sergio in the top 2. If you're criticizing Floyds who's sergio beaten recently and how'd he look doing it?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            Mayweather is good but he hasn't fought often enough in recent years to be P4P
            Don't even know why they bother to add a part-time boxer to the list. Don't they know that fighting less often is equivalent to taking lesser risk than the guy who fights often? If Mr Vacationer only fought five more times in the last five years, he would have been defeated in five of those fights. The guy just doesn't deserve all these attention and the money that go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Defututus View Post
              people dont get this

I had Pac losing to Marquez, as did most boxing fans. You should lose points for losses.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
                I don't think so. One is an official loss the other one close. Either way P4P is a ranking of how if boxers at the same weight were to compete against each other who would win. Floyd's boxing style and his ability to perform at it imo puts him ahead of pac.

Also Floyd did win by a large margin against Cotto... apparently no one saw the scores, it wasn't even close. Floyd is #1 on a lot of lists based off his pure talent and proven ability to win, over a what have you done for me lately thing. IMO him and ward are interchangable depending on how you want to look at it. No way is sergio in the top 2. If you're criticizing Floyds who's sergio beaten recently and how'd he look doing it?
                what nonsense are you spewing? and "proven ability to win"?
                that just sounds ******ed, you saying he deserves it cuz he is undefeated and talented, disregard everything else? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  I had Pac losing to Marquez, as did most boxing fans. You should lose points for losses.
                  if you really believe it couldn't have gone the other way

unofficial scorers were 57-51 with 36 scoring it a draw
                  bradley pacquiao it's 120 for pacquiao, 1 with a win for bradley, another with a draw

Comment

Bradley beat Pac which is better than anything Floyd has ever done. So Bradley should be ranked above Floyd. Floyd clearly dont deserve to be above bradley or Pac.

As we can see Pac clearly beat Bradley, Pac should be no1, Ward no2, Bradley no3 and Floyd and Sergio and JMM can fight it out for no4

Comment

it's pretty spot on

Comment

Working...
                      X