Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PAC battering sparring partners is deceiving.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by May 02, 2009 View Post
    No they're not. The ones I've read about and seen on pics and video clips, and that includes Antillon.

Antillon has never even fought at 140. Anyway, sparring partners are there to be battered, but the majority of these cats that PAC is throwing around are lil dudes, smaller than him, lol
    antilion fights below 140, but right now(CURRENT) he weights at around 145. the rest of his spar mates are 140+, believe it

Comment

Sparring is totally different from the actual fight. Battering sparring partners doesn't mean that you will batter your opponent but I'd say it's a good indicator of how ready one is come fight night.

Comment

lol.... pac has always been beating up sparring partners ever since mab...

this is nothing new and pac still continues to win.

Comment

Pac has devestating power at 130 and lower...Like mini-tyson with the power.....but at 135 is just solid......and 147 it was non-exstitent and made oscar quit because he had no defense or offense...and after accumilation of 8 rounds oscar was done.......

Pac power is outstanding 130 and lower, 135 solid....and i think at 140 and higher its non-existent.

wanna get punch?

Comment

No they're not. The ones I've read about and seen on pics and video clips, and that includes Antillon.

Antillon has never even fought at 140. Anyway, sparring partners are there to be battered, but the majority of these cats that PAC is throwing around are lil dudes, smaller than him, lol

i think Pac wants to enhance his speed/agility/lateral movements/handspeed/footspeed in this fight...he says speed will be the key for him to overwhelm hattons aggresiveness

Comment

Um...1st off....while i agree with the general notion of battering sparring partners being deceiving...because it almost always is. I disagree with the supporting argument.

Khan was also a sparring partner for Manny for this training camp. And even if Antillon fights at a lower weight class....he is world title material and could hold his own with the best of them at 135. This camp is to prepare Pacquiao for a fight at 140. Not a very big difference. And Pacquiao has been manhandling them both.

On top of that...ever since the delahoya camp...it seems it's become customary 4 Roach to offer up that 1,000 dollar bonus for anyone that knocks down Pacquiao.

I believe the better argument would be that none of the sparring partners i've seen Pacquiao beat on really have a similar fighting style as Ricky Hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
                Those guys are bums, beating them up proves nothing.

I think Pacman has proved enough.

He is "GOD"

Comment

Lightweights Urbano Antillon and Art Hovhannesyan walks around at 140+, while jr. welter Mike Alvarado is close to 150.

Comment

Originally posted by GP27 View Post
                    I just think it is going to be akward for pac...he hasn't fought anyone like rick - i can only imagine what comments aimed at hattons hugging/brawling style...but yes this is the strongest by far that pac has faced. it's going to be a good one.
                    david diaz is the poor mans' ricky... its fact.

Comment

Originally posted by pacman777 View Post
                      they can still ktfo your ass...
                      im sick of seeing ppl using "KTFO" incorrectly

KTFO = knock(ed) the ****k out

so your post reads "they can still knock the **** out your ass"

this makes absolutely no sense unless you're telling this to your fellow short bus riders.

Comment

Working...
                      X