Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Williams vs Wright will be just like the 1st Quintana fight!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntDawg View Post
    Paul Williams stopping Winky??? If Taylor couldn't stop him what makes u think Williams can? No way in hell does Williams have more power than Taylor or even Mosley and Trinidad.
    This is not the same winky who fought Taylor and Mosley.
    This is a 37 year old Winky Wright.
    And Paul Williams has enough Power to hurt Wright and he has a High Workrate that might lead him to win a stoppage over winky.

I can see this fight being like this.

Williams tee-ing off
    and Winky Covering up.

the problem for wright is, more and more recently like Dweins pointed out yesterday. Punches are getting through wrights guard.

I am telling you guys...dont be surprise if Winky get stop on his feet.

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
    This fight actually makes me really sad to think about... because my prediction is a 9-3 or 8-4 Williams decision win... and if it's 8-4, it won't be a close 8-4... it'll be an obviousy Williams win.

Here is why:
    1. Ring rust - Obviously it's going to be there, and it's probably not going to look the defensive wizard who counterpunches perfectly for at least a few rounds... maybe more.

2. Lack of prime - Winky has been on the downhill slide since the Sam Soliman fight... the amount of times Taylor was able to bust through his guard (which Wright would have loved in his prime, because it would have never gotten through) was astounding to me. Soliman (a C fighter at best) hit him a bunch of times. Hopkins was able to hit him a lot... although that is excusable, Hopkins is really, really good at finding openings.

3. Style problems - Wright has always done his worst work against volume punchers. Vargas outworked him (bad decision, but even so, it was closer than it would have been had Vargas not really stepped up his workrate), Simon outworked him, Angel Hernandez (another C fighter) made it real close in a fight that should have been a blowout because of workrate), Soliman made it close, Taylor made it close with activity, etc. Wright spends too much time covered up against volume punchers and their punches thrown count is just too high for him to dominate rounds like he should. That and his defensive leaks is a combination that will end up badly for Wright IMO.

I really, really hope I'm wrong about all this. I just have my bet in my sig out of loyalty... I always put at least one bet down on my favorite fighters (if I can get it... not many people were banging on my door to take Derrick Findley against Andre Dirrell ), and that is all that one is.
    DWiens421 explain it best.

Comment

wright does not move like quitana who also throws alot of hooks.....its possible he wins since williams is moving up in weight and is easy to hit but i dont think it will be a schooling....

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyMayFan View Post
        Winky will do it better than Quintana.
        yeah, i'm pretty sure winky won't get KTFO in the first round

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
          Prime Winky owns Pwill all day, but the problem is he's been off a long time and ain't prime anymore. I dunno if he'll have it in him to do his best work for a full 12.
          I agree with this. I'm betting on the fact that he's still got somethin left in the tank. If Winky has anything left, he's gonna whoop that ass. Should be a boxing clinic.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
            yeah, i'm pretty sure winky won't get KTFO in the first round
            you mean the 13th round

Comment

Everyone seems to be judging the Punisher from that 1 loss to Quintan,Winky is now older and his last fight was at 170,I am going to hate this because before the Punisher,Winky was my dude,but I know Paul has turned it up since the loss and he will beat Winky!!

Comment

Winky is going to fade hard during the final stretch. He looked like he was going to pass the **** out against Hopkins in the final two rounds. Some of that was being above weight, but some of that is just winky getting older. Add to that the looooooooooooong layoff and winky is NOT going to be able to keep the pace to win rounds in the end.

It will be competitive first 4-6 rounds, after that winky will slow down and Williams will be throwing 70-100 punches per round

Comment

Originally posted by vaborikua View Post
                  you mean the 13th round
                  boxing matches only last 12 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                    boxing matches only last 12 rounds
                    then say round one of fight number 2

Comment

Originally posted by Horus View Post
                      This is not the same winky who fought Taylor and Mosley.
                      This is a 37 year old Winky Wright.
                      And Paul Williams has enough Power to hurt Wright and he has a High Workrate that might lead him to win a stoppage over winky.

I can see this fight being like this.

Williams tee-ing off
                      and Winky Covering up.

the problem for wright is, more and more recently like Dweins pointed out yesterday. Punches are getting through wrights guard.

I am telling you guys...dont be surprise if Winky get stop on his feet.

DWiens421 explain it best.
                      I don't think he does...He don't look all that strong imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X