Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, Jordan did this all on his own..

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
      Kevin Johnson was an excellent player as well. That Suns team in '93 was very good with Barkley, Johnson, Ainge, Majorle, etc.
      That championship series against the Bulls in the finals was classic. Nothing like a triple overtime in the finals!

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
        Of course not, but do the Bulls come close to winning without him?

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
          That championship series against the Bulls in the finals was classic. Nothing like a triple overtime in the finals!
          Yes it was, thank God for John Paxson. Good times man!

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
            I agree. That Rockets team would've had a very good chance to beat the Bulls. Chicago had zero answer for "The Dream".
            I really liked Olajuwon and the Rockets but they did lose to the Bull's in the regular season and were eliminated from the playoff's the years the Bulls won the title. The two years the Rockets won the title were the two years Jordon was retired.

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
            Agreed, it takes a whole team to win. Often it takes a great player to bring a team to the next level, to be a great team. But it is still the team that does it all the way.

Comment

The world champion Rockets got owned by the '96 Bulls. The Rockets would've lost to Chicago in the finals.

Comment

Rockets vs. Bulls would've been a great series, no doubt The Dream would carved up the Bulls frontline easily

but i would agree with Pat Riley: "no one could beat MJ in the Finals"

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                  I really liked Olajuwon and the Rockets but they did lose to the Bull's in the regular season and were eliminated from the playoff's the years the Bulls won the title. The two years the Rockets won the title were the two years Jordon was retired.

Agreed, it takes a whole team to win. Often it takes a great player to bring a team to the next level, to be a great team. But it is still the team that does it all the way.
                  Jordan was back in time for the '95 playoffs and played pretty well. But that year the Bulls were beat by the Magic. The Magic ended up meeting the Rockets in the Finals and were swept.

As a fan of the Rockets I have to admit Jordan retiring for a while kind of gets to me. I say this because those two championships that the Rockets won are the only two championship titles that the city of Houston has (I don't care for WNBA or MLS). Yet some people seem to want to put an asterisk next to it because of Jordan's retirement. Would people have done the same for the Knicks had they had won in '94? They couldn't have done it for the Magic in '95 since the Magic did beat the Bulls with Jordan.

Just one of those "what ifs" in sports that the fans will always talk about I guess.

Comment

Working...
                  X