No announcement yet.

HOF/ATG Poll: Pac ahead of Floyd for ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Why no one should take anything he says seriously.......
    You're letting your bias show. If you are holding yourself up beyond a debate on the Judah-Floyd fight, then you need a shot of tequila, go home, and re evaluate your life. That fight is debatable. And, let's not re-open it.

By the way, 4 corners, my family has a house in Durango, if that is the 4 corners you are referring to. I know the area well.

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
      Floyd has not beaten anyone in the top 100 all time greats in his prime.

FACT.

Is that better for you?

If you want to talk strictly resume then no Marquez is not better, in my heart he is because I consider him 3-0-1 against Pacquiao but that's in my heart not on paper.

The subject isn't Marquez though, the subject is Pacquiao over Floyd and there is no debate who the greater fighter is currently. Wins over Guerrero, Canelo, Berto, etc won't change that. Even a win over Martinez is highly debatable.

Pacquiao > Floyd

It's a tough pill to swallow for you I'm sure, but it's the truth.
      Pacquiao has wins over Sasakul, Ledwaba, Barrera, Morales, Marquez, D. Diaz, De La Hoya, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, and should have one over Bradley as well.

Floyd has wins over Genaro, Corrales, C. Hernandez, Chavez, Castillo, Gatti, Judah, Baldomir, De La Hoya, Hatton, Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz, and Cotto.

I'd say Pac has a slight edge, but nothing Floyd couldn't overtake with another couple years of solid wins. More important than who is when and what they'd done going into the fights.

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
        Floyd has not beaten anyone in the top 100 all time greats in his prime.

FACT.

Is that better for you?

If you want to talk strictly resume then no Marquez is not better, in my heart he is because I consider him 3-0-1 against Pacquiao but that's in my heart not on paper.

The subject isn't Marquez though, the subject is Pacquiao over Floyd and there is no debate who the greater fighter is currently. Wins over Guerrero, Canelo, Berto, etc won't change that. Even a win over Martinez is highly debatable.

Pacquiao > Floyd

It's a tough pill to swallow for you I'm sure, but it's the truth.
        :qqq: Floyd will only be known as the fighter who ducked Manny! Nothing more. What he did 15 years ago...most all has forgotten! There is no fight he can fight for the rest of his lack lustering career that will push him over the ATG level over Pacquiao! Thats a fact!

Comment

damn some people get really insecure when you mention that pac is greater than floyd and ahead in ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
            You're letting your bias show. If you are holding yourself up beyond a debate on the Judah-Floyd fight, then you need a shot of tequila, go home, and re evaluate your life. That fight is debatable. And, let's not re-open it.

By the way, 4 corners, my family has a house in Durango, if that is the 4 corners you are referring to. I know the area well.
            It's not.....but whatever you say homie.

The Four Corners states: Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, and Utah. I'm from Colorado, and family is from New Mexico as well.

Durango is a cool place, tourist trap really. I like the desert in Colorado: Grand Junction, Cortez, Alamosa, Pueblo, etc.

Comment

Joe didn't fight a legit and good fight until Jeff Lacy in 2006, when he was 34 years old. Everything else before that was against fringe contenders who either were in the Top 10 barely or not at all, or Eubank way past his best.

Floyd fought his first legit big fight when he was 21 against lineal champion Genaro Hernandez.

Floyd has a deep enough resume and anyone with his resume would be considered an ATG, especially with the dominance he's sustained over 14-15 years now. Floyd and Manny both have much deeper resume's than Marquez. I'm not taking anything away from Marquez, his resume isn't quite as good as Manny or Floyd.
              Why exactly do you feel Mayweather's resume is particularly good?

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                Why exactly do you feel Mayweather's resume is particularly good?
                He has a lot of good and solid wins, people like to switch up their thoughts after the fight, see Mayweather-Mosley.

Genaro Hernandez (#1 SFW/Lineal SFW champ), Manfredy (#2 SFW), Corrales (#1 SFW/#5 P4P), C. Hernandez (Top 10 SFW), Chavez (Top 5 SFW), Castillo (#1 LW), Gatti (#1-2 JWW), Judah (Top 5 WW), Baldomir (Lineal WW champ), De La Hoya (Top 3 SWW), Hatton (#8 P4P), Marquez (#2 P4P), Mosley (#2 WW/#3 P4P), Ortiz (#2 WW), and Cotto (#1 SWW)

He's beaten a ton of fighters who were highly regarded and top fighters in his weight classes.

Marquez has beat Peden (Top 10 FW), Gainer (Top 10 FW), Barrera (#2 SFW), Casamayor (Lineal LW champ), J. Diaz (#3 LW), Katsidis (#2 LW), and Pacquiao (#1 WW/#1/2 P4P).

His resume isn't deep enough, and anything you could add do it, John and Norwood, were fights he very well may have been robbed in. But even with those two fights, if you added those, I wouldn't place him along with Mayweather and Pacquiao.

Comment

Pacquiao has wins over Sasakul, Ledwaba, Barrera, Morales, Marquez, D. Diaz, De La Hoya, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, and should have one over Bradley as well.

Floyd has wins over Genaro, Corrales, C. Hernandez, Chavez, Castillo, Gatti, Judah, Baldomir, De La Hoya, Hatton, Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz, and Cotto.

I'd say Pac has a slight edge, but nothing Floyd couldn't overtake with another couple years of solid wins. More important than who is when and what they'd done going into the fights.
                  Ah. I see. The ONLY win there that can't be picked apart is Corrales. Hatton, if you want to put any value in it - which I personally would give him credit for. That's it. Other than that you have some nice names there, but any real student of the game will tell you without needing to think very hard that these guys were past their best or of little value overall in final summation. There really isn't much there.

Comment

It's not.....but whatever you say homie.

The Four Corners states: Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, and Utah. I'm from Colorado, and family is from New Mexico as well.

Durango is a cool place, tourist trap really. I like the desert in Colorado: Grand Junction, Cortez, Alamosa, Pueblo, etc.
                    We also had a home in Farmington and Ruidoso. Nothing touristy about the San Juan and Animas rivers....greatest trout in the world.

Anyway...

Comment

He has a lot of good and solid wins, people like to switch up their thoughts after the fight, see Mayweather-Mosley.

Genaro Hernandez (#1 SFW/Lineal SFW champ), Manfredy (#2 SFW), Corrales (#1 SFW/#5 P4P), C. Hernandez (Top 10 SFW), Chavez (Top 5 SFW), Castillo (#1 LW), Gatti (#1-2 JWW), Judah (Top 5 WW), Baldomir (Lineal WW champ), De La Hoya (Top 3 SWW), Hatton (#8 P4P), Marquez (#2 P4P), Mosley (#2 WW/#3 P4P), Ortiz (#2 WW), and Cotto (#1 SWW)

He's beaten a ton of fighters who were highly regarded and top fighters in his weight classes.

Marquez has beat Peden (Top 10 FW), Gainer (Top 10 FW), Barrera (#2 SFW), Casamayor (Lineal LW champ), J. Diaz (#3 LW), Katsidis (#2 LW), and Pacquiao (#1 WW/#1/2 P4P).

His resume isn't deep enough, and anything you could add do it, John and Norwood, were fights he very well may have been robbed in. But even with those two fights, if you added those, I wouldn't place him along with Mayweather and Pacquiao.
                      4C, when were the times Floyd was in a match he had any chance of losing? Corrales? ..........

Comment

Working...
                      X