Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 reasons why Cotto has no chance against Floyd!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    i'm hoping for a fluke dq loss.

floyd slips and tears his acl or something and can't continue.

i hope they rob him

he dominates for 12 rounds and then Buffer comes on: "after 12 rounds, we go to the scorecards...judge so and so has the bout 115-113 Cotto...judge so and so has the bout 114-114 even...judge so and so has it 115-133...for the winner...FROM CAGUAS PUERTO RICO"

Comment

Originally posted by Javii86 View Post
      Floyd will lander higher than 43% for this fight.

The big difference is that Floyd cuts down the opposition workrate as well. So not only will he be getting hit, but he will have a really hard time of finding Floyd in order to trade shots. How Cotto will handle the frustration is going to be the key thing to watch during the fight.
      He won't land a higher percentage of his power punches than Pacquiao did against Mayweather. I will guarantee it.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
        I dont think there is anyone near his size that can beat Floyd , now do you think Cotto is good enough that the P4P No 1 fighter would DUCK him ?

You see something in your fluffing is not logical , like I said its not Cotto is not good enough as much as it is Floyd is too good , there is a difference !
        idiot.

cotto being not good enough to beat floyd and floyd being too good for cotto is the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          i hope they rob him

he dominates for 12 rounds and then Buffer comes on: "after 12 rounds, we go to the scorecards...judge so and so has the bout 115-113 Cotto...judge so and so has the bout 114-114 even...judge so and so has it 115-133...for the winner...FROM CAGUAS PUERTO RICO"

lmaoooooooooo dance:

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
            1. I don't think Cotto has to necessarily outbox Floyd to beat him. I think he needs to keep Floyd busy and on the move. If he sits in front of Floyd all night, it's obviously going to be a long night for Cotto. Though Cotto tends to get hit more than he should, he also never leaves a fight without marking up his opponent himself (even Pacquiao). He's much craftier than people give him credit for and knows how to create openings.

2. Cotto's actually fought well against speed fighters. Manny Pacquiao, whether you think he's a ham and egger or not, is still a dynamic puncher who's power is underestimated even at Welterweight. I think Cotto couldn't handle the amount of punches along with the speed he was throwing. Floyd fights completely different. I would go as far to say Cotto may have an easier time with Floyd's speed (which is really more his timing more than how fast Floyd is. We've seen the fastest Mayweather, and isn't based on the last 3 yrs) than with Pacquiao's.

3. Besides Margarito maybe, What fighter "likes" getting hit??? LOL but I will say Cotto's scar tissue can be an issue if Floyd is landing consistently throughout the fight. My issue with Floyd is how active he's going to be and if he'll be in front of Cotto like he was with Mosley and Ortiz.

4. Cotto hasn't faced the best opposition he could, but then again Floyd himself hasn't been fighting world beaters himself more than 2 quality names (which you can dissect, but I choose not to) and a young, inexperienced fighter. Cotto has the experience of being under the big lights in high profile fights. Cotto's also fought any and everyone besides Mayweather at 147 with 2 losses (1 tainted). Not too bad if you ask me.

5. True, Cotto has never faced someone with Floyd's defense. To me that is his biggest challenge in the fight. Can Cotto land to the body to slow Floyd down? Will Cotto implement some low blows or dirty tactics if he gets hurt (I'm sure Floyd will have the usual up his sleeve)? Will Cotto's jab (double, triple) be effective on Floyd? Will Floyd stand in and trade with Cotto?

As I've stated prior, I favor Floyd but I think it'll be one of Floyd's toughest fight in years.
            How do you figure the bold when Cotto said he couldn't even find a way to go to Margarito body in the first fight? Please explain that one.
            Last edited by tredh; 02-10-2012, 04:09 PM.

Comment

i hope they rob him

that would be cool.

not even a rob him loss. like a screwed up scorecard and he gets a draw or something.

that'd be funny.

sidenote: go talk to special ed reloaded

he wants to talk pacquiao vs. mayweather

Comment

i hope they rob him

They are saving the robbery for the floyd/MAnny fight. No need to waste it here. The judges from ODH/Floyd (had oscar winning) and Hagler/SRL(118-100 SRL) are already on board.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                  lmaoooooooooo dance:

the interview with Larry afterwards would be priceless

Larry: "well, floyd.....how....do you....feel now that......your 0...is gone"
                  Floyd: "larry, go fuc.k yourself...fuc.k all of you"

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    that would be cool.

not even a rob him loss. like a screwed up scorecard and he gets a draw or something.

that'd be funny.

sidenote: go talk to special ed reloaded

he wants to talk pacquiao vs. mayweather

he's on mental ignore...the moment i see his username, i just moved on to the next post

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      They are saving the robbery for the floyd/MAnny fight. No need to waste it here. The judges from ODH/Floyd (had oscar winning) and Hagler/SRL(118-100 SRL) are already on board.

if it does happen, im making 10 threads that night about how the judging was spot on

Comment

Working...
                      X