Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: R. Guerrero: No Layoff Worries, Expect To See a Monster!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: R. Guerrero: No Layoff Worries, Expect To See a Monster!

Three division champion Robert Guerrero will have been out of the ring for over 15 months when he faces Selcuk Aydin on July 28th in San Jose, California. He hast fought on April 9, 2011 when he defeated Michael Katsidis via unanimous decision. He was scheduled to face Marcos Maidana last August when he suffered a shoulder injury during his training camp.

[Click Here To Read More]

no more setbacks and injuries

I'm curious to see how effective he is at the weight keeping in mind this has been a year full of upsets

Comment

Surgery/15 months/ move up two weight classes and a expect a moster? Robert must be the second coming of Henry Armstrong or something

Comment

I have thought the Ghost was one of the best fighters in the world for a while now. He will prove it on Saturday.

Comment

I think Guerrero's gonna be gassed after 6 round's, all that extra weight and time out of the ring is really gonna slow him down. Aydin has a good work rate and he's extra hype'd for this fight, to him it's his coming out party. Hopefully after this fight Guerrero can move back down to 135 and get a major fight with Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            I have thought the Ghost was one of the best fighters in the world for a while now. He will prove it on Saturday.
            I used to think the same but after his last fight with Katsidis that quickly changed. Katsidis was badly beaten and KO'd by Casamayor and Marquez before his fight with Guerrero, I was hoping Robert would get him out of there in 6 but it turned out to be a war with both fighter's face's showing it at the end. I know Guerrero dominated most of the round's outboxing Katsidis but Katsidis also got a lot of shot's in, I have never seen Guererro's face look that that after a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
              I think Guerrero's gonna be gassed after 6 round's, all that extra weight and time out of the ring is really gonna slow him down. Aydin has a good work rate and he's extra hype'd for this fight, to him it's his coming out party. Hopefully after this fight Guerrero can move back down to 135 and get a major fight with Broner.
              some people seem to forget the mental aspect of the game is where the fight is won or lost i was told by an old man when i was a kid training for the junior olympics he said its one thing to feel like a beast but its a whole different ballgame when you become a beast and being focused enough to know the difference it looks to me like both fighters are very well prepared and hungry i think they skip the feeling out process and start dropping bombs you have to believe in your self before you can impose your will on someone else this will be a good one dont blink

Comment

Working...
              X