No announcement yet.

Boardwalk Empire[TV]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dough401 View Post
    I do agree with both of you but imo I think you are going to see more roles come from the guys like Capone,Lansky and Luciano witch at the time in history played a big part in how America progressed with the bootleging,gambling etc...
    A major historical omission in this show is the absence of bugsy siegel. Lansky & siegel were childhood buddies. I mean its FREAKING BUGSY SIEGEL!!! How can they not add such a legendary gangster with a rich historical story line of his own in the show?

This show's potential is limitless. They have a treasure trove of story lines to draw on. The time period is the golden age of the mafia. Maranzo, Masseria, Dutczh Schutlz, Kennedy etc... I hope they include the infamous MURDER INC. and Albert "the Mad Hatter" Anastasia in the show.

Still, they shouldnt have killed Jimmy. BIG mistake by the shows writers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluetech View Post
      A major historical omission in this show is the absence of bugsy siegel. Lansky & siegel were childhood buddies. I mean its FREAKING BUGSY SIEGEL!!! How can they not add such a legendary gangster with a rich historical story line of his own in the show?

This show's potential is limitless. They have a treasure trove of story lines to draw on. The time period is the golden age of the mafia. Maranzo, Masseria, Dutczh Schutlz, Kennedy etc... I hope they include the infamous MURDER INC. and Albert "the Mad Hatter" Anastasia in the show.

Still, they shouldnt have killed Jimmy. BIG mistake by the shows writers.
      That so fuuny I was talking to my cousin about the same thing witch would be great I wonder if they have he coming in next season or something witch would be weird but who knows like you stated limitless if they just do a couple little things to move it in the right direction could draw so many more fans cant wait and hope thet do so...

Comment

saw this video today, it is from season 1, great video and music

enjoy

Comment

MAN.... I Can't beleive they Killed JIMMY! you think he'll be back.

Comment

Here's an interview with the Boardwalk Empire showrunner...from what I remember he said that Season 3 is gonna start a few years later down the line. They wanna focus more on the rise of Al Capone and it just so happens that Agent Van Alden has moved to the area where Al started to get his rep. Also, they plan on introducing a new character that's sorta like the actor James Cagney, a celeb in that era who lives an exciting life.

The interview also goes in to the decision to murk Jimmy. Realistically, Nucky had no choice because Jimmy betrayed him in the worst way possible and Jimmy basically came back from the war an emotional dead man so he basically accepted his fate (he didn't show up to the meeting with a gun, IIRC).

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/12/11/bo...side+a+shocker

Comment

just starting season 2 as i type this

will be back shortly

Comment

twas great!

looking forward to season 3

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyh1015 View Post
                  MAN.... I Can't beleive they Killed JIMMY! you think he'll be back.
                  nope, he's gone for good.

season 3 is suppose to pick up around 2-3 years later from what i heard.

Comment

it was too easily predictable FFS

why not at least turn the gun slightly right and fire and kill Eli in the background instead???

and why didnt they kill jimmy's **** of a mother yet? that one i would have loved to see go

Comment

Originally posted by - v e t - View Post
                      it was too easily predictable FFS

why not at least turn the gun slightly right and fire and kill Eli in the background instead???

and why didnt they kill jimmy's **** of a mother yet? that one i would have loved to see go
                      i assume eli couldn't be killed off cause that's not how history has it. jimmy darmody is a fictional character, i guess they thought he can be killed off from that start. and haha, yeah she messed jimmy's life up a lot. i enjoyed richard harrow for some odd reason, i doubt we see him in season 3
                      Last edited by chiguy91; 12-18-2011, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X