No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kell Brook Has Surgery - Wants Canelo, Cotto, Khan in 2017

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    What the??!!! Went up through gums, front teeth, moved his eye!!! And then sorted out the fracture??? WOW!!! That sounds career ending??? He should DEFINITELY fight Khan if he wants to continue boxing but STAY away from Canelo and the 170 lbers.
    Supposedly, that's one of 2 methods they use now... and is supposedly the best and safest of the 2. I'm no surgeon, that's just what I read a couple weeks back. And I'd guess he'll end up at 154 for the rest of his career. Although they should make any of his contracts max out at X pounds weight gain for whoever he fights. You're right, no 170 lb. Canelo's needed.

Comment

"Brook only wants the really big fights now." He's reading too much of that UK tabloid garbage. He deserves the big fights because why? Because he was destroyed in 5 rounds by Golovkin? Why does that make him worthy of the biggest names around those divisions? I'm not sure he beats any of the 154 champs and there are still a couple of 147s against whom he has yet to prove he's the better man. He needs to turn over Khan, which I think he would do, and then go test the waters above. There were moments in the GGG fight where the guy was taking some good stick and he wasn't wilting so it would be interesting to see him in against the top 154s to see what he is really all about - but lest we forget, a 5 round demolition does not make him a great fighter so we have yet to be convinced. Only one name on his CV and that's now history.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
        You don't think he gives at least Cotto and Khan, as much, if not more than they can handle? I actually believe he perplexes Canelo too. He has better punch resistance than Khan, and Khan was confusing Canelo til the stoppage. And Lara, although running too much, had the right idea. Canelo does great with come forward fighters like Cotto, Kirkland etc, but not so well with slick boxers. But even Canelo's limited boxing skills nullified Cotto.
        Canelo would damage him. He'd beat Khan, and I don't know about Cotto. However that isn't the point.

It's clear that he has his eyes set on the most lucrative fights in the business. From a competitive point of view, he'd have set out to prove himself as the best Welterweight by taking on Thurman and keeping tabs on Bradley, Vargas, Spence and Garcia.

I can't hate on Brook. Boxing is his job, but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
          Spence just fought in front of 6 million viewers. Keep imagining he has no name power. Cotto isn't that much if a name nowadays...and who's to say he'd even bother with Brook.
          Casuals have no clue who Spence is. And please supply urls proving 6M watched his last fight. As for Cotto... are you really serious? The guy is legend and still beats most at 154. You are right though... Cotto won't choose Brook, and he's such a diva he'd pick anyone BUT Brook or Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
            It's a shame that fight ended on a fluke boxing injury even with ggg great power was still rare to have that injury that quick. I do think brook will be world class at 154 I think 160 just a bit to much for him
            Fluke? Kell knew he had 2-3 rounds in him, no way he could have done anything for 12 rounds.... as for the topic, sounds like Kell is gonna duck the hell out of Spence

Comment

Cotto would damage and KO Brook and i dont have a doubt about that. I hope Cotto chooses Brook, so i can bet all my points.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                Canelo would damage him. He'd beat Khan, and I don't know about Cotto. However that isn't the point. It's clear that he has his eyes set on the most lucrative fights in the business. From a competitive point of view, he'd have set out to prove himself as the best Welterweight by taking on Thurman and keeping tabs on Bradley, Vargas, Spence and Garcia. I can't hate on Brook. Boxing is his job, but it is what it is.
                Certainly he should exploit where he's at in the grand scheme of things in boxing, he is after all a pro boxer. I just admire his work ethic, skill level, and lack of fear. Some fans hate him for supposedly only taking soft touches, but Porter is no bum, and soon thereafter he jumped at a chance to fight the boogie man, and did well for some of the fight. Maybe he won't be all 3, but I think at the very least all 3 would be very competitive matchups.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  Spence just fought in front of 6 million viewers.

Keep imagining he has no name power.

Cotto isn't that much if a name nowadays...and who's to say he'd even bother with Brook.
                  List Spence's PPV figures. Oh, wait, you're either twisting things or clueless. Fact.

Cotto is a known name to the wider public; you are confusing being into boxing and the wider public promoters want to draw in. Get your facts.

Oh, and find something positive to say or say nothing. Are you sure you ain't that KOMaidana guy? Your negative thought stream sounds familiar.

Comment

Yeah, I hate every one of the posters who generalise too.

I'm a life long fan of boxing and poor but dedicated amateur boxer. I'm here for boxing talk, not schoolyard favourites trash talk. All that rubbish really dims the world for me.
                    Last edited by Reverb; 09-28-2016, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Brook has never fought the best at his own weight. Only wants the big $ fights. Kell fans project their insecurities on to Khan fans when Amir says he is only looking at big names as cashing out.

Comment

Working...
                      X