Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko's Manager Reacts To Gary Russell's Rematch Demand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
    “Bring [Vasyl Lomachenko] to me now!” Rigondeaux told Yahoo Sports when asked if a showdown between two of the best amateur fighters of all-time would eventually take place.

Rigondeaux won gold at the 2000 and 2004 Olympic Games, and his Ukrainian counterpart won gold at the 2008 and 2012 Olympics. It’s a bout that has been long anticipated, and Rigondeaux suggests that he’s ready. All he needs is the right amount of money and an agreed upon weight.

There were rumors last year that Rigondeaux agreed to face Lomachenko at 126 pounds – Rigondeaux currently campaigns at 122 – but those talks cooled when a catch weight came into play. Rigondeaux says that he never agreed to meet Lomachenko at his division weight of 126, and instead feels that they should meet in the middle.

“We never spoke to Bob Arum about fighting Lomachenko at 126,” Rigondeaux said. “I really want to know how much there is to make and he should come to 124. Money talks, [expletive] walks. If you give me the right money, we’ll do it. But in our reality, I’m the king of 122 and he’s 126 so we must meet in the middle.
    Rigo better make a decision fast if he wants the big money fight. Loma is only getting heavier while Rigo is only getting older.

Comment

Russel and his excuses he tried to outdo someone who was better than him at the technical chessmatch game, and that strategy was never going to work. Is like going in trying to beat Floyd or Rigo trying to out counter them . Not gonna go well for you, you gotta be willing to go Salido on him.

Comment

I wonder if Loma could hold both titles (Featherweight and Super Featherweight) at once; of course that's if he beats Martinez, in boxing you just never know. I seriously doubt he could stay with both, because unless you bring big money to the table they don't care about you like that. I still think Loma has unfinished business at 126, but we still don't know if those fights could or will happen. I still want to see Loma vs LSC. That's the only fight I needed to really see before Loma moved up, but there is no guarantee that fight would happen. I have my doubts that Santa Cruz would fight Loma, even if Haymon and Arum tried to negotiate.

I think it may be for the best that Loma moves up. There are only a few good fights at 126 and there just isn't a guarantee that he would get those fights due to politics. If Loma is willing to comeback down for a good fight 126 I would be alright with it as long as it happens sooner rather than later. The Santa Cruz fight would be the one really worth it since Loma and Leo are the #1 and #2 in the division, so we have to see that fight. Maybe just maybe they could get something working. We could only hope.

Another thing working against Loma is that HBO and Top Rank want that belt to for Valdez. They don't want Loma-Valdez right now. I'm not saying Valdez doesn't have a chance or anything like that, I'm really high on Valdez and I think he has a very high ceiling, but I'm pretty confident that Top Rank doesn't want that fight right now.

Also, no point in being offended by Russell wanting a rematch. Or should Salido's team act in a negative way if Loma wanted a rematch against the cheater? I like that Russell wants revenge. I think it's awesome.
        I do want to see Russell in other match-ups before a Loma rematch though. It looks like Russell doesn't want to stay much longer in the sport, I do hope he is exaggerating a bit and stays longer than 3 years, so we might as well enjoy him in other match-ups while he's still here. I think Russell can beat most at 126 and even 130.

Comment

Nah, Gary Russell's one of the great young talents in the game, but Loma schooled him, straight up, he shouldn't get a second shot until down the road sometimes. Just focus on Uchiyama and Pedraza and when he's beaten everybody, THEN try to go at Loma again.

Comment

At least Russell wants to avenge his loss. Lomachenko won't even whisper Salido's name.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
              99/100 Gary.

He'll never get over that schooling.
              Agreed! one of theach most beautiful displays of boxing I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam182 View Post
                golovkin is ducking russell.
                He would get schooled by him even at his weight now.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                  At least Russell wants to avenge his loss. Lomachenko won't even whisper Salido's name.
                  I thought he had mentioned a rematch with him at some point a while back.

Comment

not yet, til russell defends his belt against a few good opponents, he was schooled and he'd get schooled again

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                      Lomanchenco is just simply to good for Russell, aside from landing 1 punch and hoping for a KO, what's he going to do differently? Besides get beaten again.
                      I am being fair...Russell was coming off a hiatus. I am not sure he beats Loma; but, as I said, I am curious to see what adjustments he can make and what the excuse will be after if he does lose for a second time.

People are so emotional here. Why? Is it because it is the end of month?

Comment

Working...
                      X