Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone notice a trend of nothing but hate for Mexican and African-American fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hate for minorities is nothing new, no matter the venue

Comment

• Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
      So you're saying, black people hating on white people is reactive but white people hating on black people is proactive racism? You're giving one race an excuse for hatred and you're damning the other race for the same thing. All races are equally biased and racist. Everyone who hates believes they have a reason for their hate. Making excuses doesn't excuse your racism and it doesn't negate it either.

You can make your same arguments about men and women. Women can say their hatred towards men is reactive but that men's hatred of women is proactive misogyny, so therefore a women's hatred of men is justifiable. That's ridiculous.

You say that "some" black people are reacting to the hatred that "some" white people have towards black fighters, so because of that, it's a justifiable reason for black people to hate white fighters. What makes you think that "some" white people aren't reacting to the hatred that "some" black people have for white fighters? With your line of reasoning it would then be justifiable for white people to hate black fighters, right? Or do your rules only apply when it benefits you and enables you with a justification for racism? Your perspective is completely skewed. You're not looking at this from the perspective of both sides.
      There can be no real solution to a problem if you only attack the symptoms. You have to find the root and pluck it out. If you have a problem with weeds, and you only cut the leaves and branches at the top, then you'll always have a weed problem.

By pointing out the root cause of the problem, I'm hoping that a solution can be found, or at least giving awareness to the sequence of events. You can't solve anything that you don't understand.

Also, don't put words in my mouth. Not once did I say or even imply that anyone or anything is justified, I was simply pointing out the sequence of events and of course, the hypocrisy of the situation.

Comment

• If your part
        Stopped reading here. Grown ass men don't know their yours from you'res.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          Fans "hating" on fighters has nothing to do with race and all about style and results...

Hatton
          Calzaghe
          Wlad
          Ortiz
          Ggg
          Canelo
          Floyd
          Manny
          Cotto
          Margarito
          Bute
          Haye