Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kessler-Froch II Master Thread. Post here. DO NOT make new threads.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
    Well put. Id rather that too. Like i said though id watch a third if made because u know its gonna be good action. I feel as though Froch would stop Mikkel if they have a rubber match though and that would be doing a disservice to Kessler who i doubt will be the same again.
    My thinking is exactly as yours. Froch's standing has rightly rocketed in recent years and now encompasses the varied levels of casual boxing fans in England.

The respect that Kessler would have gained last night and in the previous fight in the eyes of those fans will be similar to the respect he deservedly gets from those who perhaps know a bit more about the sport.

I wouldn't want to see that jeopardised by a third fight. The whole event last night and what the fighters brought to the ring was a credit to the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
      I noticed a lot of people that have it 115 - 113 for Froch, gave him the last round. I gave it to Kessler, although I've marked it as a close round - going off the top of my head, he landed the better shots despite Froch's persistence. He blocked several shots and manoeuvred out of the way of more. I avoided scoring even rounds too.
      Wasn't the ref on the point of stopping Kessler?

Comment

• Carl Froch was so open for overhand rights everytime he steps in with jabs. That overhand right counter over Carl's jab was there all night for Kessler yet he barely threw it.
        Last edited by goblin213; 05-26-2013, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          Yea, after re-watching the final round I seemed to have been confused with how it actually played out. I thought that when Froch hurt Kessler and the ref was hesitating, that Kessler landed a big overhand right and managed to push Froch back, then avoided whatever was thrown back whilst landing some of his own. I don't know where I got that from...

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            The ref wanted to warn Froch for a low blow, but didn't want to stop Froch's momentum.

Last edited by nikosvault; 05-26-2013, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Necrophobic View Post
              After watching this fight, I think Froch would be the fighter to finally make Bhop look his age and possibly make him retire.
              B-Hop (like his "protégé", Ward) is an actual nightmare of the sport -- now he sticks on your chest, now he's slipping, now he vanishes... Grandpa is a monster trickster...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                I thought Kessler looked pretty dangerous once he had worked past the jab, the jab being the major difference in this fight.
                This is the only tune I was repeating over and over, since they put this fight together: "Froch should be smart and stay behind his long jab; but Carl will not resist the temptation of a slugfest"... And he didn't resist...

Comment

• Originally posted by goblin213 View Post
                  Carl Froch was so open for overhand rights everytime he steps in with jabs. That overhand right counter over Carl's jab was there all night for Kessler yet he barely threw it.
                  Not so sure on this one...
                  Froch's long jab is actually his best shot -- even if he didn't seem to be fully aware of that... When one tries to throw a right overfand punch he's likely to get Froch's right uppercut (his favorite punch)...
                  It was precisely this long jab Ward did not like in the first 4 rounds against Froch -- then Ward was so smart and glued himself onto Froch's chest, in order to perform his famous fake "old school inside boxing"...

Comment

• Originally posted by -BORICUA- View Post
                    shes the same blind bat who had cotto only winning one round against trout smh
                    She was also the only judge who had the Rios/Abril fight right. I guess she was sitting in a bad spot or something. Can't wrap my head around this one.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    I see a lot of people saying "Kessler is old anyway" "He's shot" etc.

I thought Kessler was going to better this time now he doesn't have double vision? Or has that disappeared?

People act like Froch now hasn't clearly improved and a better fighter since 2010 in regards to their first fight.
                    The vision problems occured after the first fight, not during. Kessler was physically 100% in this fight.

Froch has improved but Kessler has declined.

Originally posted by nikosvault View Post
                    The ref wanted to warn Froch for a low blow, but didn't want to stop Froch's momentum.

Correct, watching it live I thought the ref was about to wave it off but I rewatched the fight today and it's clear he was doing it because of the low blow, Kessler did a better job dodging shots in the last 20 seconds than I gave him credit for saturday night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                      She was also the only judge who had the Rios/Abril fight right. I guess she was sitting in a bad spot or something. Can't wrap my head around this one.

The vision problems occured after the first fight, not during. Kessler was physically 100% in this fight.

Froch has improved but Kessler has declined.

Correct, watching it live I thought the ref was about to wave it off but I rewatched the fight today and it's clear he was doing it because of the low blow, Kessler did a better job dodging shots in the last 20 seconds than I gave him credit for saturday night.
                      According to Kessler and his team and fans, the eye problems were there prior to the Froch fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X