Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WBC strip Andre Ward of his 168 title. Now Emeritus.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, just wow. WRETCHED!

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Wait so now ward is beltless after unifying with Froch a few months ago?
      No. He still has the WBA belt. Why the WBC makes him emeritus is odd. We know he has been reluctant to face mando Anthony Dirrell, but surely that doesnt warrant him being stripped and given the emeritus tag.

I could understand if Ward just dropped the belt, but not this. We must wait for further Info.

Strange.

Comment

Umm.. They already said they'd strip him if he didnt' fight Anthony Dirrell. Why is anyone surprised?

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          Here's a wild theory.

They are getting ready to hand it over to Chavez. Chavez is gonna miss weight vs Lee, get stripped and move up to 168 without fighting Sergio. Then they gonna put Chavez vs another bum to "win"the 168 WBC belt. Then he's gonna avoid the mandatory vs Ward like he did vs Martinez and the WBC is gonna allow it for as long as they can.

Don't be surprised if we get Lara vs Martinez for the 160 WBC belt if Lara doesn't get his shot at Vanes or Canelo.
          Sounds legit.

Comment

I hate it had to be andre.

Comment

He was supposed to fight his Mandatory, anthony dirrel, or vacate. He seemed okay with vacating. He said He considers Anthony a brother (too, cause he said same about andre) and probably won't fight him.

This is his fault, no one elses. he isn't fighting his mandatory.

Comment

Well, looks like my theory was wrong but sounded good tho.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  Well, looks like my theory was wrong but sounded good tho.
                  Yup. Ward was going to vacate anyhow, WBC just stripped him of it instead probably as a way to save face. I guess it looks better to strip a fighter than have him "relinquish it". At least the way they've done it, he actually continues to maintain a piece of it in some fashion. Had he vacated, he wouldn't be emeritus or anything else. WBC is actually being lenient here and showing bias - anyone else would have been stripped 'entirely'.

Now, Anthony Dirrell will fight for the title instead most likely, since he was the mandatory Ward refused to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
                    Yup. Ward was going to vacate anyhow, WBC just stripped him of it instead probably as a way to save face. I guess it looks better to strip a fighter than have him "relinquish it". At least the way they've done it, he actually continues to maintain a piece of it in some fashion. Had he vacated, he wouldn't be emeritus or anything else. WBC is actually being lenient here and showing bias - anyone else would have been stripped 'entirely'.

Now, Anthony Dirrell will fight for the title instead most likely, since he was the mandatory Ward refused to fight.
                    They did give Mikkel Kessler the emeritus title when he was injured, but the difference is that Kessler's injury was known to take more than a year to heal. Wards hand should be fine already.

How the hell the WBC will explain this turn of events is anybodys guess.

Comment

wow the wbc is crazy

Comment

Working...
                      X