Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm 28 years old. 6ft and 180lbs in great physical shape.. could calderon hurt me?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by da_beast View Post
    Listen I'm in good shape... I am looking for an honest opinion so why would I lie about my shape if I want a genuine informed and honest opinion? It defeats the purpose..
    your overall conditioning isn't going in help you, either way you'd be ko'd.......Rockin'

Comment

• It's hard to say because we don't know how good you really are. Being the much bigger man and being able to take a punch is one thing, but you will need real footwork or these smaller "mover" types will make a hitting post out of you. It is possible that either one could stay moving the whole time and only hit you in between your own punches, or if you step in to far forward/too slow. Imagine sparring a much faster guy who moves back and circles endlessly. That's probably what they would do to you, and the chances that you "set-up" a pro are small. They will not go for your feints, or take any of the risks you see them take against men their own size.

You would probably have more of an advantage with gloves on where you can turtle up and walk them down. If you were just fist fighting with either of these guys, you would be at a disadvantage, with no large gloves on they could probably sneak punches through your guard and hit you accurately in a place that would leave you staggered/badly swollen. A smaller guy with hard hands conditioned over years, the right muscle memory/leverage will definitely have that cracking power that can stagger much bigger men. And if you get staggered you will probably eat a combination right after, you may not have to "go out on a stretcher" but you will be too woozy and wobbled to fight back

Comment

• No.

Unless you have a glass jaw.

Otherwise no.

Assuming Ivan Calderon. Who is a damn light flyweight is who you are talking about.

He can't even knock out flyweights.

Comment

• it's like I said before, I used to eat 6ft and 180lbs for breakfast at 150lbs. But it's a feast when the guy is untrained freshmeat!!.......Rockin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
            it's like I said before, I used to eat 6ft and 180lbs for breakfast. But it's a feast when the guy is untrained freshmeat!!.......Rockin'

You're a feather fist, 5 ft even, light flyweight right?

Comment

• Originally posted by nomadman View Post
              It doesn't realy make sense though in the context of the scenario you're talking about. You're trying to last the distance, right? Then puncher's chance really only means anything if you have an excellent jab or the power to disuade Paulie from wanting to engage... oh, sorry, you meant metaphorical puncher's chance. In which case everyone has those. Nothing is certain, only probable or improbable, and a non-boxer lasting the distance with Paulie M seems very improbable to me.
              What I'm saying is that my size and weight advantage would keep them honest and they wouldn't walk through me.. I am pretty confident that Calderon doesn't Ko me... I'm pretty confident that my sparring gives me the tools I need to utilise my height weight and strength advantage enough that he doesn't stand a chance of walking through me..

I'm pretty sure my conditioning and boxing experience makes sure that malignaggi doesn't spark me either.. I could see malignaggi ****ing me up through an accumulation of shots over the rounds that I'm in a mess not to continue but not to knock me out in 1 punch..

Comment

• I think he can.

Calderon may be the size of a child but your not taking into account that he is still a professional boxer.

His conditioning, speed, timing, etc will be something you have never seen before and it will cost you.

He may not knock you out with a single punch but he will definitely break you down.

One last thing.........being in great shape doesn't mean your in great "boxing" shape.

Comment

What I'm saying is that my size and weight advantage would keep them honest and they wouldn't walk through me.. I am pretty confident that Calderon doesn't Ko me... I'm pretty confident that my sparring gives me the tools I need to utilise my height weight and strength advantage enough that he doesn't stand a chance of walking through me..

I'm pretty sure my conditioning and boxing experience makes sure that malignaggi doesn't spark me either.. I could see malignaggi ****ing me up through an accumulation of shots over the rounds that I'm in a mess not to continue but not to knock me out in 1 punch..
                  A stoppage is a stoppage though, isn't it? Paulie would likely flurry you into submission regardless of your "size and weight advantage", unless you utilise that advantage in some way like leaning on him in the clinch or throwing him to the floor or something. No, he probably wouldn't spark you with one shot, but it probably wouldn't be a BS ref stoppage either. Pauli stops you, I'm fairly certain of that.

Comment

• Thread starter is throwing a hissy fit because he though everyone would say "wow bro, youre 180 and 6-1 and in good shape? yeah you could hang with them and they would be afraid of your size"

and when everyone says he gets KTFO he cant deal with it. Dont ask for people's opinion if you cant handle them.

Comment

Listen I'm in good shape... I am looking for an honest opinion so why would I lie about my shape if I want a genuine informed and honest opinion? It defeats the purpose..
                      Well I could tell everybody here I'm a 6 ft 6 300 pound weightlifting God with a 12 pack.... still doesn't make me that.

Comment

Working...
                      X