• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sugersean15 View Post
    possibly he his using roids
    Than what was the point of voting "no"?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      Is it possible Vitaly could be on steroids given his history, knowledge of sports medicine and resurgence and dominance at such a late age?

This is a serious thread so please no trolling. I'm of the belief it is also a very real possibility Hopkins may also be on performance enhancers.

Vote and discuss.
      If that's the case then why didn't it work for Toney, Vargas, and others? Hell it's not working for Mosley either. Vitali is just on another level than those guys.

Comment

Regardless of ur take i dont think its out of line for JAB to merely Question the possibility of it, especially since he has been proven to have taken them before.

Comment

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
          Ever came to think that a series of injuries is a series of misfortune rather than a long period without a serious injury is a miracle?
          Athlete's simply don't become injury free in their mid to late thirties. This is the reason most athletes are forced to retire by their thirties, their bodies simply break down. With all due respect, if I'm wrong please point out as many athletes you can think of still operating at the highest level at 40 and I can point out 10 who were retired and physically broken down.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            Athlete's simply don't become injury free in their mid to late thirties. This is the reason most athletes are forced to retire by their thirties, their bodies simply break down. With all due respect, if I'm wrong please point out as many athletes you can think of still operating at the highest level at 40 and I can point out 10 who were retired and physically broken down.
            Foreman is just one of them, Vitali is another one. Where's the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
              If that's the case then why didn't it work for Toney, Vargas, and others? Hell it's not working for Mosley either. Vitali is just on another level than those guys.
              Because steroids aren't a miracle drug and never have been.

Comment

The function of steroids is to ease the pain of a tough workout. It allows you to work harder/longer and recover quickly.

If Vitali had been clean in the Byrd fight, the pain receptors wouldve warned him long BEFORE the arm got busted. He wouldve felt the fatigue of missing 41 punches per round before it was too late. Steroids ultimately lost him the fight.

Luckily most of Vitali's opponents are not as skilled as BYrd, and Vitali can overwhelm them before he overloads his own fragile body.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                  The function of steroids is to ease the pain of a tough workout. It allows you to work harder/longer and recover quickly.
                  No they aren't. Those are called "painkillers."

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                    Who said it didn't work for them. Both Toney and Mosely came back to compete against the best comp when they were both thought to be finished. Toney even did it a heavy, a division he had no business in. Vargas was finished as a fighter long before he got to his thirties so I don't see how he would even be relevannt. Klit was going to be good either way, he's just far better than his comp. But it is a realistic POSSIBILITY he has extended his career artificially.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post

If Vitali had been clean in the Byrd fight, the pain receptors wouldve warned him long BEFORE the arm got busted. He wouldve felt the fatigue of missing 41 punches per round before it was too late. Steroids ultimately lost him the fight.

Luckily most of Vitali's opponents are not as skilled as BYrd, and Vitali can overwhelm them before he overloads his own fragile body.
                      That's a pretty stupid argumentation.

Comment

Working...
                      X