SRR
    SRL
    Hearns
    Ali
    Armstrong
    You consider Tommy Hearns one of the 5 greatest fighters ever? LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      Maybe it's the fact that he's.........IDK.............UNDEFEATED. Unreal.
      Whats idk mean? Whats undefeated got to do with anything? Lets not mention that Floyd lost to Castillo, that doesnt need to be bought up, but there are lots of undefeated fighters. Bradleys is undefeated on paper as well, so, what has that got to do with anything.

If you fight people who arent great, and cherry pick while doing so, you can look great all night long like Floyd does. Pac fight didnt happen and lets not even talk about whos fault it was, but would FLoyd have looked great against someone like Pac in his prime, the FOTD? And if Floyd did look great then Floyd would have got the pat on the back he craves and his fans crave.
      Last edited by hugh grant; 05-14-2013, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Robert Garcia said the same in an interview with Seckbah. I agree.

Comment

Losing fights doesn't disqualify a fighter from being considered the greatest boxer of all time. Floyd might lose to Tommy Hearns, but would that change the fact that he's the greatest ever? No.

All the greatest fighters throughout history have lost fights and they're considered the greatest. The #1 ATG fighter in history, Sugar Ray Robinson, lost fights. So, what exactly is your point in saying that Tommy Hearns would beat him? He probably would beat him 5 out of 10 times if they fought ten times, but what difference does that make? You have to look at the overall picture. If you're mentally capable of doing that, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            Whats idk mean? Whats undefeated got to do with anything? Lets not mention that Floyd lost to Castillo, that doesnt need to be bought up, but there are lots of undefeated fighters. Bradleys is undefeated on paper as well, so, what has that got to do with anything.

If you fight people who arent great, and cherry pick while doing so, you can look great all night long like Floyd does.
            Is it so hard to understand why someone would pick Floyd as the fantasy fight GOAT, when regardless of competition (I think his resume is vastly underrated), that person has only seen Floyd struggle for specific rounds...and never an entire fight? Castillo I is irrelevant to me considering Floyd fought him to a draw (my opinion) with one arm. It's really hard to imagine that guy losing.

Comment

There are plenty of fighters throughout this sport's history that accomplished as much or more than Mayweather did. Mayweather is clearly a brilliant boxer, but the era that he's fought in - where the overall level of talent and skill is less than it was thirty or even twenty years ago - and very shrewd, selective matchmaking has allowed him to reach the status that he has.

I've no doubt that Mayweather has the ability and mental fortitude to compete in any era of the sport and more than hold his own against the best, but elite fighters that consistently challenge the very best over a fairly long period are not going to escape without a loss.

Comment

Working...
              X