No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricardo Williams To Face Carson Jones on December 15th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ricardo Williams To Face Carson Jones on December 15th

LOS ANGELES - Ricardo Williams has endured throughout the good and bad times. But now, he believes he has a chance to finally achieve the goals he set out to accomplish back when he fought for his country in the 2000 Olympics, winning a silver medal in the process. Now it all comes down to the next obstacle in his way, a battle that takes place on December 15. "Slicky Ricky," as the Cincinnati, OH native is referred to, will be fighting the champion, Carson Jones, for the USBA welterweight championship.

[Click Here To Read More]

I remember how high everyone one was on him 10 years ago, what a waste his career has been.

Comment

im going to that fight

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        im going to that fight

Carson Jones is pretty underrated so it should be good. He's good at pulling the upset.

I remember Williams losing to the chicken (Valenzuela) and he was never that inspired despite his god given gifts and Olympic pedigree.

If he fights like he can, it should be a helluva fight to see.

Comment

he was a descent fighter before he got locked up; even better at the olympics.

Comment

best part of his career is behind him vs weak opposition.. a SD last fight vs best opponent and only name was last yr vs Philly John Brown, 43 yrs...if he wins NABF he'll be in faster company he may not be ready for & he's not a big welter...he just blew 10 yrs of his career...

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
              I remember Williams losing to the chicken (Valenzuela) and he was never that inspired despite his god given gifts and Olympic pedigree.
              I remember Juan Valenzuela! He was on a roll & then just vanished - had a quick comeback then vanished again.

Williams was too caught up in the family 'business' to focus on his career.

Comment

This kid is use to being a sparring patner now!

Ricardo, was real slick as an amature but those days are far behind him now. I can remember him beating a young James Countryman a guy from Detroit who I know could fight. He stopped him too! He was looked at with high regards but now I look at Mr. Carson jones on the upswing. If I had to pick a winner I would go with Jones now maybe even by KO.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
                  I remember Juan Valenzuela! He was on a roll & then just vanished - had a quick comeback then vanished again.

Williams was too caught up in the family 'business' to focus on his career.
                  he had that eye injury. Sucks

Comment

Working...
                  X