Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would You Approve Of Floyd-Sergio At 152?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to be honest i'd prefer that the MW championship be contested at 160 lbs

floyd can walk into the ring however heavy he wants

my guess is that he wont go for that

he knows first hand what its like fighting a guy who is two weigt classes below you. he probably had 15 lbs on marquez on fight night.

if they are really fighting for the MW championship of the world they have to contract the fight for at least 154.1 lbs i believe.
    if it's lower they will technically be considered jr MW

obviously, any rule in boxing can essentially be changed based on money (who brings it and leverages with it)

Comment

Originally posted by i box foreal View Post
      No,no catchweight needed,he fought Oscar at 154 over 4 years ago,he's bigger now and theres no excuse
      Agree with this.

Comment

I hold Floyd to a higher standard than I do his counterpart. Floyd should not need a catchweight favoring him to fight Martinez. He has the skill & he's grown some mass since he fought DLH at full weight (Oscar). This fight at a full 154 further seperates him from his counterpart as far as greatness goes, win or lose. A catchweight IMO is only acceptible if he chooses to persue the middleweight ring title.

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
          Look as this a*stard above me.

the funny thing is that its the *******s who are talking the most **** about a catchweight which is what their god asked for when floyd and pac are the same size(on fight night floyd is 150, pacroid 148-49.) but i doubt floyd would want a catchweight, he prefers would take the title legitimately. cant say the same about juiceroid
          So Floyd is a midget also??

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            Just like how Pac and Floyd shouldn't fight at a weight-class that they don't belong in, same with Martinez.

So all this nuts gathering is ridiculous. You can't blame anyone for not fighting at a weight they aren't comfortable in.
            Look, I understand that dude is chasing some money, but 8 pounds is not very far to go for him to have a bunch of good fights. Both Floyd and Manny have gone up further in pursuit of money and prestige.

If he has a nice run at SMW and then as the penultimate bout fights Bute? Ya gotta' admit Martinez/Bute in Montreal would be some big dough. After that he can try his luck with Andre Ward. Or maybe he's not that great in a p4p sense? It's only 8 pounds...

Comment

No, I don't like the prospect of Martinez cutting 8 lbs, it would raise too many question marks. And I don't like this phenomena of fighters trying to weaken their opponent in negotiations, period; if you don't feel capable of beating a junior middleweight at 154 lbs, then don't fight them. If you don't think you can win a middleweight title within the actual middleweight parameters, then don't challenge for it.

Comment

Shouldn't happen, and I don't see the reason. Make it @154.
                Floyd is going to come in at 150 or so anyway.

Comment

154 or it's a bust!

Comment

I have no issue with the fight at 152 but you gotta love the irony.

Floyd and his fans bash Manny, but it will be comical that Floyd's best win (if he pulls it off which I highly doubt) will be at a catchweight....lol

So after several years of flaming....Floyd's best win would be at a catchweight against a guy who was brought down almost two divisions.

Comment

Working...
                    X