Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kermit Cintron's first annual dive competition! vote now for the winner!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kermit Cintron's first annual dive competition! vote now for the winner!

Come one come all and vote in kermit cintron's first annual dive competition! Hosted by mr. kermit cintron himself!(lifetime achievement winner)

and the nominees are.......

likar ramos for his perforance in marquez vs ramos(polite clapping)

paul briggs for his performance in green vs briggs(polite clapping)

darren baker for his performance in martinez vs baker(polite clapping)

and the winner is................you get to decide! vote now!
    Likar Ramos
    60.00%
    Paul Briggs
    30.00%
    Darren Baker
    10.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by daggum; 10-02-2011, 10:15 PM.

For me its a tie between 2 and 3. Briggs got counted out by a shot that looked as if it grazed his hair, while Barker looked to have gotten KO'd by a slap on his glove!

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
      For me its a tie between 2 and 3. Briggs got counted out by a shot that looked as if it grazed his hair, while Barker looked to have gotten KO'd by a slap on his glove!
      That's the beautiful thing. all these guys have their own styles. ramos used the stumble back and fall then pretend to sleep technique. briggs used the barely grazed me but fall down and hold your head in pain technique and baker used the block the punch but fall and roll around on the ground anyway technique. it's so close. that's what makes it exciting.

the winner of this poll will set the precedent for future divers in the years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        That's the beautiful thing. all these guys have their own styles. ramos used the stumble back and fall then pretend to sleep technique. briggs used the barely grazed me but fall down and hold your head in pain technique and baker used the block the punch but fall and roll around on the ground anyway technique. it's so close. that's what makes it exciting.

the winner of this poll will set the precedent for future divers in the years to come.
        That first dive was funny as hell, but to his credit, at least the shot appeared to have hit him. Didnt hit him enough for him to act as if he just got chloroformed though!

Comment

Oh how sad that a boxing forum is populated by peons who use youtube clips as a basis for knowledge.

Barker took a lot of solid hits and wilted under accumulation. Perhaps if he were taking a dive, he'd have gone down when eating a massive right hook in the 10th, or on the many occasions prior to that in the fight that he was on the end of a solid Martinez shot.

You two are disgraceful for slandering him. I'd like to see either/both of you take even 1 of the 200 punches Darren Barker got hit by over the course of a very tough 11 round contest with the #3 P4P fighter in the world. You'd wilt like a rose in a desert.

I doubt you'd want to risk that single grey cell you share though.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            That first dive was funny as hell, but to his credit, at least the shot appeared to have hit him. Didnt hit him enough for him to act as if he just got chloroformed though!
            it's possible ramos suffers from narcolepsy and if he does he will be immediately dq'd i assure you.

Comment

Originally posted by charlieg View Post
              Oh how sad that a boxing forum is populated by peons who use youtube clips as a basis for knowledge.

Barker took a lot of solid hits and wilted under accumulation. Perhaps if he were taking a dive, he'd have gone down when eating a massive right hook in the 10th, or on the many occasions prior to that in the fight that he was on the end of a solid Martinez shot.

You two are disgraceful for slandering him. I'd like to see either/both of you take even 1 of the 200 punches Darren Barker got hit by over the course of a very tough 11 round contest with the #3 P4P fighter in the world. You'd wilt like a rose in a desert.

Maybe Barker got tired of taking too many shots and saw that as a way to bow out of the fight. I've seen the shot many times, and to me it looks as if Sergio hit him with an open glove slap right on Barkers glove while Barker had his glove protecting the side of his head. It sure didnt look like it should have folded him like a cheap chair.

Comment

Originally posted by charlieg View Post

ok so you aren't voting for baker. is it ramos or briggs for you?

Comment

It's gotta be Briggs. At least the other two involved punches. This is a all around shameful thread for boxing though.

Comment

Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
                    It's gotta be Briggs. At least the other two involved punches. This is a all around shameful thread for boxing though.
                    boxing contains a lot of shameful things. can't pretend it's the perfect sport. gotta take the good with the bad. just having a little fun.

Comment

Working...
                    X