Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not a hater

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How am I suppose to take haters seriously when they spout bs like, "bumlovkin" or "little G"?

These are the same guys who hype up Wilder and turn around smack talking GGG in any way they can.

Don't act like it's only GGG's fan base at fault here. It goes both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
      I don't hate Golovkin. And yet, I have often criticised him. A lot. Which, naturally, makes me seem like a hater. But I'm sure that this explanation will make everything clear...

When I see Golovkin, I see a guy coming from a tough place, who did his best and changed his situation. Something most of us never will have the mental discipline to do. I view him as a nice guy, especially compared to guys like Broner, and if I had the option, I would love to meet him. I respect Golovkin a lot. I also respect him as a boxer. He is entertaining to watch, with a good chin and extreme power. Definitely the best middleweight in the world and I'm glad to be among those who contribute to give him a high number of viewers when he fights. I like to watch him fight.

Then his fans gets into the picture... Rating him in the top 5 P4P lists. Sometimes even number 1. And I'm like "yo, respect the guy for what he is, let's not exaggerate". And then people keep bigging him up and up, up above proven fighters like Ward, and I start to feel a bigger and bigger need to stress how overrated he is. And it's sad, really. The guy has fought no one and he looked bad in the Brook fight. It could have stayed at that, if not for his fans to come up and start saying stupid **** like "he fought carelessly because he didn't respect Brook's power" when everyone saw him get shook in the first round. Likewise, when his fans try to hype up bums like Geale and Lemieux to make him look good. Seriously, just stop. His opposition is horrible and it's not entirely his own fault. Let's keep it at that and not make his opposition sound any better than it is.

Golovkin is getting older and older and it's not unlikely that he will never get to fight a good opponent. It makes me sad, in a way, because I really like Golovkin and I wish him the best of succes and I'm so mad at Saunders, Canelo and Jacobs for ducking him for so long.

When I seem like a Golovkin hater, then really, I'm just a hype hater. For example, I'm a huge Anthony Joshua fan, but I'm fair - of course he doesn't belong in the P4P top 10 yet.
      my sentiments exactly, these were the same fans claiming ATGs who fought champions constantly never fought anyone, but constantly bringing up how many top 10 fighters GGG has beaten. then trashings Jacobs Quillen win, its just tacky, but im a GGG fan as well who is willing to call out that mess they post.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
        I don't hate Golovkin. And yet, I have often criticised him. A lot. Which, naturally, makes me seem like a hater. But I'm sure that this explanation will make everything clear...

When I see Golovkin, I see a guy coming from a tough place, who did his best and changed his situation. Something most of us never will have the mental discipline to do. I view him as a nice guy, especially compared to guys like Broner, and if I had the option, I would love to meet him. I respect Golovkin a lot. I also respect him as a boxer. He is entertaining to watch, with a good chin and extreme power. Definitely the best middleweight in the world and I'm glad to be among those who contribute to give him a high number of viewers when he fights. I like to watch him fight.

Then his fans gets into the picture... Rating him in the top 5 P4P lists. Sometimes even number 1. And I'm like "yo, respect the guy for what he is, let's not exaggerate". And then people keep bigging him up and up, up above proven fighters like Ward, and I start to feel a bigger and bigger need to stress how overrated he is. And it's sad, really. The guy has fought no one and he looked bad in the Brook fight. It could have stayed at that, if not for his fans to come up and start saying stupid **** like "he fought carelessly because he didn't respect Brook's power" when everyone saw him get shook in the first round. Likewise, when his fans try to hype up bums like Geale and Lemieux to make him look good. Seriously, just stop. His opposition is horrible and it's not entirely his own fault. Let's keep it at that and not make his opposition sound any better than it is.

Golovkin is getting older and older and it's not unlikely that he will never get to fight a good opponent. It makes me sad, in a way, because I really like Golovkin and I wish him the best of succes and I'm so mad at Saunders, Canelo and Jacobs for ducking him for so long.

When I seem like a Golovkin hater, then really, I'm just a hype hater. For example, I'm a huge Anthony Joshua fan, but I'm fair - of course he doesn't belong in the P4P top 10 yet.
        Much repsect to you for that post. I think alot of fans feel this way. I think GGG is likeable and respected by almost all boxing folks and people who are knowledgeable about boxing. Good post by you Expert.

Comment

I feel the same way about Joe Louis. I respect him, but he didn't beat good opponents, so I can't rate him highly.

Comment

Working...
          X