Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That was the perfect display of skill and badassery rolled all into one...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
    Oh plenty around here hate him, especially that creep who is into underaged gymnasts.
    What's next is GSP wether he likes it or not.
    Yeah, if GSP can win his comeback fight, which he should. What happens if they can't make the fight happen though? GSP or Jones would seem to be the best opponents. I've also heard talk of Bisping getting a title shot and possibly the winner of Weidman/Boetsch, which happens December 29.

Ideally, IMO he should fight Jones and then a couple more title defenses and call it a career, what do you think?
    Last edited by Anthony342; 10-14-2012, 10:36 AM.

Comment

What I saw was an Anderson Silva who looked old.

Yeah, I meant that. He couldn't even get out of the way of the punches.

An Anderson Silva knockout was a foregone conclusion from the moment the fight was signed. I respect him, but fighters age, and his reflexes are noticeably going. He'll still KO almost anyone out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
        What I saw was an Anderson Silva who looked old.

Yeah, I meant that. He couldn't even get out of the way of the punches.

An Anderson Silva knockout was a foregone conclusion from the moment the fight was signed. I respect him, but fighters age, and his reflexes are noticeably going. He'll still KO almost anyone out there.

As for the punches, he was with his back against the fence so he didn't have the chance to Forrest or Okami(which was only a little over a year ago) him. I think Silva is aging very slowly and the best one ever at his age with no help from TRT. Good thing he took care himself his whole career. Not many injuries or bad beatings.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post

As for the punches, he was with his back against the fence so he didn't have the chance to Forrest or Okami(which was only a little over a year ago) him. I think Silva is aging very slowly and the best one ever at his age with no help from TRT. Good thing he took care himself his whole career. Not many injuries or bad beatings.
          I agree with you here. (Maybe the first time that's ever happened .) I read the result before I watched the fight, but even knowing the result, when I watched it I wanted to yell at Silva to get the hell off the fence. The main reason he was being struck was because his back was against the cage. But, it is potentially a sign that he doesn't move around as well is he use to, that he would sit on the cage. I suppose that more likely, it was a tactic to set Steve Boner up for his own shots, which is an A. Silva tactic (he also used himself as bait when he fought Okami. Of course, it is not an unheard of tactic in boxing, etc. either.)

Comment

I really want to see him vs GSP at a catch weight. I want to see him knock out the french-canadian blanket so bad!

Comment

LOL, french canadian blanket. Yeah, I think someone here even had a GSP avatar with a blanket, which I always thought was hilarious. He'd never make near as much in Pride, with all the yellow cards he'd get for stalling. I respect his great skill though.

So did Silva spend pretty much the whole round against the cage? If he did, that's almost like an aging boxer spending a lot of rounds against the ropes, like maybe Duran in his '40s sometimes or an older Larry Holmes. Silva doesn't look to have slowed much though, at least not yet. I think he'll get out before his skills decline too much, so we're not left with a hurt legacy towards the end, like with Chuck Liddell. But we still remember the greats at their best anyway, but it can hurt someone's legacy for years. But, as time goes on, we still remember these guys at their best. Hopefully, if Holyfield stays away from boxing, people will start to just remember his heavyweight title fights and great wins and not the tail end of his career. Or now most people remember Ali against guys like Frazier, Liston and Foreman, rather than Holmes and Berbick. We mostly remember Liddell now for his fights with guys like Couture, Ortiz, maybe the Babalu head kick knockout. I don't think Silva will get to that point, thankfully.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                Damn really? And I would think Herman would be the favorite going into that fight? Big Nog is considered mostly a gatekeeper these days. Maybe not, with another win or two. Guess he's got something left in the tank, even after all the wars he's fought.
                nah man nog looked really bad, the worse ive seen
                herman was acting all weird he was laughing the whole fight and sticking his arm in front of him like wlad does but without doing anything with it, and there were times he completely stopped moving and waited to get hit, his only offense were a couple of kicks and he was smiling after he got subbed
                but nog took the fight on short notice so maybe that was it

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  LOL, french canadian blanket. Yeah, I think someone here even had a GSP avatar with a blanket, which I always thought was hilarious. He'd never make near as much in Pride, with all the yellow cards he'd get for stalling. I respect his great skill though.

So did Silva spend pretty much the whole round against the cage? If he did, that's almost like an aging boxer spending a lot of rounds against the ropes, like maybe Duran in his '40s sometimes or an older Larry Holmes. Silva doesn't look to have slowed much though, at least not yet. I think he'll get out before his skills decline too much, so we're not left with a hurt legacy towards the end, like with Chuck Liddell. But we still remember the greats at their best anyway, but it can hurt someone's legacy for years. But, as time goes on, we still remember these guys at their best. Hopefully, if Holyfield stays away from boxing, people will start to just remember his heavyweight title fights and great wins and not the tail end of his career. Or now most people remember Ali against guys like Frazier, Liston and Foreman, rather than Holmes and Berbick. We mostly remember Liddell now for his fights with guys like Couture, Ortiz, maybe the Babalu head kick knockout. I don't think Silva will get to that point, thankfully.

Comment

There it is, classic. That's why, as great as GSP is, I'll always be a bigger fan of Matt Hughes among the all-time welterweights in the UFC. At least he tried to finish fights.

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
                      nah man nog looked really bad, the worse ive seen
                      herman was acting all weird he was laughing the whole fight and sticking his arm in front of him like wlad does but without doing anything with it, and there were times he completely stopped moving and waited to get hit, his only offense were a couple of kicks and he was smiling after he got subbed
                      but nog took the fight on short notice so maybe that was it
                      Yep, something seemed weird in this fight. At one point, Herman was just standing there with his hands down waiting for nog to do something. I was thinking something just doesn't look right in this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X