Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ward fights in Germany or England, will he be deducted pts for his style? Poll!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Ward fights in Germany or England, will he be deducted pts for his style? Poll!

Well will he? I doubt Ward will be able to have both his next two fights in Oakland.. So, we will likely find out what happens when Ward's style is fought in front of a potentially hostile crowd/officials. What if a referee began deducting points in the early rounds for some of Ward's questionable tactics/fighting style? It could really put Ward in a curious position and out him from his comfort zone. How does everyone think it would affect his effectiveness/chances of winning? Poll to follow, please discuss!
    Yes he will definitely have points deducted.
    60.87%
    Not 100% guaranteed, but it is very likely he will have points deducted.
    26.09%
    Not 100% guaranteed, but it is very likely he will NOT have points deducted.
    4.35%
    No he will definitely not have points deducted.
    8.70%

In the UK he would absolutely.

Comment

in the UK he would lose around a point and possibly get disqualified late on

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
        Well will he? I doubt Ward will be able to have both his next two fights in Oakland.. So, we will likely find out what happens when Ward's style is fought in front of a potentially hostile crowd/officials. What if a referee began deducting points in the early rounds for some of Ward's questionable tactics/fighting style? It could really put Ward in a curious position and out him from his comfort zone. How does everyone think it would affect his effectiveness/chances of winning? Poll to follow, please discuss!
        Considering there has already been a lot of buzz about Ward's tactics and frequent homefield advantage. It is likely Froch or Abraham at home will have referees on high alert. Combine that with a hostile crowd, and I really wouldn't be surprised if a referee was very quick to take points for butts, or clinching.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
          In the UK he would absolutely.
          And we all know Cobra isn't shy, so he'd likely respond with his own brand of tom foolery. Anything from a possible body slam to a push.. IMO the ref would back Froch, in this situation. It could get ugly quick and result in a very confusing scorecard with both men having frequent conversations with the ref. Can't imagine Team Ward allowing Andre to put himself in this sort of situation. I also can't imagine Team Froch allowing Cobra to fight in Oakland.. Is this going to neutral territory? This will be interesting.

Comment

Final will be in Vegas I think.

Dirrell got points taken for holding against Froch, Ward would have dozens taking for holding and headbutting.

Comment

i think he's gotta clean up his act wherever he goes from this point, since a lot of negative press has outed him..

Comment

Dirrell got points taken for holding against Froch, Ward would have dozens taking for holding and headbutting.
                So the final is slated for Vegas automatically? I suppose Ward can get away with his style there for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                  i think he's gotta clean up his act wherever he goes from this point, since a lot of negative press has outed him..
                  If officials don't stop him, he's going to do w/e he can to "dominate" rounds.

Comment

The final is going to be in NY MSG with the semi-final runners up being the main support...

Comment

Working...
                    X