No announcement yet.

The Blueprint to beat Cotto is out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fallenJWW View Post
    Cotto struggled at the end with Clottey? Really? I'm pretty sure Cotto won the 11th AND 12th which pretty much sealed the fight for him.
    Yes, yes he did. Cotto struggled a loooot in the end of the Clottey fight. Only reason he won a lot of rounds was because of Clottey's inactivity. He was the same against Margarito and Pacquiao, but they are not inactive and have killer instincts.

Comment

Originally posted by .::EyEKoNiK::. View Post
      What up RTS homie..how was that amateur bout?..

but anyways..I agree..although I feel the blueprint has been out since the Mosley fight..Margarito stuck with it...

It's not as easy to do tho..cuz while you pressing foward..Cotto can still counter..he just needs to realize that size and power isn't everything..he's got the skill to box and counter..he did a PERFECT job in the 1st round..than he abandoned the plan..

It's no secret that if you have a decent uppercut and can make Cotto retreat you got him where you want him..but that's where I want him to improve..and come back strong!..I say he starts with a better and more experienced corner..and go from there..
      Nothin much man. Win some, lose some. I got the belt though in my last fight. I'm taking a break right now for a couple weeks it was hard keeping my weight down for 2 months. Probably moving up in weight for my next fight.

Yea Mosley could have put the blueprint out there. It just wasn't as clear to me as it is now.

Definitely no easy task at all and only top fighters will be capable of doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by RTS View Post
        Yes, yes he did. Cotto struggled a loooot in the end of the Clottey fight. Only reason he won a lot of rounds was because of Clottey's inactivity. He was the same against Margarito and Pacquiao, but they are not inactive and have killer instincts.
        what does it matter anyway, cotto has been overrated, how did he do against judah? got staggered you say? how did he do against mosley? got a tight decision? how did he do against clottey? gift? now way! how did he do against a non-stop iron chinned punching machine and the baddest man on the planet? lose? well what's the suprise?

Comment

RTS well said man, agree all the way

It's insane how Hearns would get knocked out and come back like nothing happened. Some fighters are just mentally stronger then others.

Comment

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post
            what does it matter anyway, cotto has been overrated, how did he do against judah? got staggered you say? how did he do against mosley? got a tight decision? how did he do against clottey? gift? now way! how did he do against a non-stop iron chinned punching machine and the baddest man on the planet? lose? well what's the suprise?
            How did he do?

Well.....

Cotto beat Judah. Cotto beat Mosley. Cotto beat Clottey.

Then he lost to an "iron chinned punching machine and baddest man on the planet" as you put it against Pacquiao.

3-1 against Zab Judah, Shane Mosley, Joshua Clottey, and Manny Pacquiao.

not bad

and damn you really can't resist replying to me even after you said you wouldn't

Comment

You're an idiot, seriously are.

Comment

Originally posted by RTS View Post
                As much as I hate to say it because Cotto is my favorite fighter.

You just have to press the guy. Obviously easier said than done because you have to withstand his punches but you just have to keep pressing him.

It is easier to keep pressing and not get discouraged when you know your opponent will tire and you can get him late.

Everyone Cotto fights from now on will know that they are going in there with a guy who can not deal with 12 rounds of pressure.

The Margarito fight, Clottey fight, and Pacquiao fight all ended with Cotto struggling towards the end. Even in the Clottey fight where I felt he effectively boxed Clottey when he was tired he was clearly exhausted and not the same as the early rounds.

I think it's the Margarito loss that still haunts him. You can think your over it and really feel you are.....but you won't know until your put in that situation again. Whenever he gets a little tired in fights and the later rounds approach that Margarito fight has to be in his head. And if all your thinking about is getting tired....your gonna get tired.

If Margarito did cheat, no proof he did, but if he did than that's a fukin shame because that fight really ruined Cotto man.

Cotto needs to take a couple easy fights I think, get some confidence back and then start fighting at the top again. He rushed in too quick after the Margarito loss.
                cotto is a 6 round fighter who can and will run late.

cotto is dangerous for 6 rounds... then he gases and has to run late. I've been telling you cotto stans this forever now.

All you have to do is be tough enough to absorb damage early or avoid damage early and come on strong late...

COTTO STANS: I TOLD YOU BITCHES YOUR HERO WASN'T INVINCIBLE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                  You're an idiot, seriously are.
                  what? not like i did'nt say he was'nt a damn good fighter(whihc he is), im just saying against the elite he has always had a hard time, what's wrong with that? sheesh, some of you people are so damn butt hurt it's unbelievable, bunch of babies that cant see anything for what it is

Comment

Cotto has never been overrated..

Judah did to Cotto what he's done to most of his great opponents..even Mayweather in the first few rounds..you weather his storm and he's done..

Mosley is made of IRON all around..it takes a hell of alot to hurt this man..and he can fight..only men bigger than him were able to beat him..and Cotto did it decisively..no matter what Pullcounter tries to prove..compubox don't mean **** anyways!..

Margarito..another IRON mofo..who was never KO'd before..and has improved in stamina, angles, and power..he's a solid guy who figured out how to tire and out Cotto..no shame there..

Clottey..ANOTHER IRON mofo..who has never been KO'd or KD'd and Cotto managed to knock him down..and with a GASH across his eye for 9 rounds still managed to outbox and make Clottey respect him deserves all the credit!..

Pacquiao..greatest fighter in our era..inexplicable..he's just amazing no matter how you look at it..top 10 atg..no shame in that being the 2nd loss on your record..

Only thing that upsets me..is in the 2 biggest stages of his career and outside of New York..Cotto has been TKO'd..Cotto needs to consider a lot of **** from here on out if he plans to climb that mountain back to the top..but in no way is he overrated..he's a hardworking guy who has flaws just like any other fighter..they all get exposed at some point..

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                      cotto is a 6 round fighter who can and will run late.

cotto is dangerous for 6 rounds... then he gases and has to run late. I've been telling you cotto stans this forever now.

All you have to do is be tough enough to absorb damage early or avoid damage early and come on strong late...

COTTO STANS: I TOLD YOU BITCHES YOUR HERO WASN'T INVINCIBLE!!!
                      His stamina was really good against Shane, Zab, Margarito broke him down (If you want to count that). The problem is, Cotto's mental strength isn't there. Yesterday Pacquiao revealed that Cotto hurt him bad but he didn't show it. That right there affected Cotto mentally and he wasn't throwing as hard. Cotto doesn't have that mental strength anymore and 2-3 tune ups could fix this. Maybe beating Margarito in a rematch could fix it.

Comment

Working...
                      X