Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freddie Roach: "I think Mayweather is scared of Pacquiao"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly don't think it would be of anyone's interest to have to come down to 140 to fight Pacquiao. He's shown he has the ability to move up and look strong at 147.

Honestly, Cotto had a lot of trouble making 140. He's grown into welterweight. Coming in anything below would be a detriment. Same for Shane who is about 10 years older than Cotto.

I would certainly favor Pac against those guys if they have to come down in weight.

Comment

For starters, Marquez is no tune up fight. Were talking about the same Marquez who argueably beat Pac. I think Floyd coming back and heading straight for Pac would be a bad idea, i think it's a smart move to fight Marquez first. If Floyd does win the fight then 100% were going to see Pac Vs Floyd. He knows what he's doing and hasn't came out of retirement for nothing, im sure the main reason is because he wants Pac.

Comment

Why have one slice when you can have the whole cake!

Comment

If he wants some of cotto come to 147 hell become another name to cottos resume

Comment

I'm usually against claiming fighters are scared of other fighters.

But Floyd hasn't really done much to prove differently.

We'll see how his **** with JMM goes and what he does from there.

Comment

Originally posted by vaborikua View Post
              If he wants some of cotto come to 147 hell become another name to cottos resume
              **** that make cotto vs mayweather at 147 if pac wants it come to 147 u fought dlh there

Comment

Originally posted by larrysmith View Post
                scared???here we go..and why does cotto and mosley have to come down in weight,,he fought oscar at 147..roach is full of ****
                Why did Floyd fight Oscar at 154?

Larryx your my boy, but we all know the answer to that question. Oscar = $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by cuzfozzy View Post
                  its true. he could have waited a day and signed to fight pacquiao
                  Maybe that would be what Freddie would like so that they could get Floyd coming off a long layoff; that's how Freddie likes to fight fighters; with the fighters having a disadvantage.

But Freddie is just bull****ting everybody.

Floyd is going to fight JMM because JMM gave Pac a lot of trouble and some say JMM won one or both fights. Roach and Arum DO NOT WANT Floyd to fight and beat JMM; especially by KO. Plus, it moves some chips in Floyd's direction for bargaining purposes for the fight.

Floyd said in the L.A. times that he wants to fight 3x a year. That means he can be ready for a end of the year fight if all is well in his return bout. And Manny will be fighting at the end of the year so they shouldn't jump ahead and sign with anybody.

Was Pac going to be ready by July? I don't think so.

Floyd can't just come off a long layoff at this stage of his career and fight a heavy pressure fighter like Pac.

Freddie also wants Shane and Cotto to come down in weight...why is that?
                  Manny already fought at 147.
                  I'll tell you: Because he wants to take something from those fighters before they even fight...just like he said he wanted to do with Floyd by making him come down in weight.

I wouldn't trust Freddie around my water or food.
                  Last edited by Benny Leonard; 05-04-2009, 05:47 PM.

Comment

make the ****ing fight

Comment

Roach is a scared BYTCH.He Knows damn well that Mayweather is no one dimensional shot hatton or weight drained Oscar.

He`s scared that if pac loses to Floyd that he might get his walking papers.

All that "Mayweather is scared of Pacquao" is just a front.

Comment

Working...
                      X