Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Jacobs: The WBA Wants Deal, Gives Purse Bid Extension

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by World Champion? View Post
    I don't think Heiland deserves a shot either, you are exactly right about his inactivity and general state of the middleweight division. My point was that if the Jacobs fight doesn't get done, I'm not sure that the WBA and WBC can have him avoid his mandatories once again since he hasn't defended the WBA title since May 2015 and I don't think he has had to defend his WBC title yet either.

I think that if the fight were to somehow fall through, the WBA would call for Golovkin-Blanco or whoever the next available guy is in the rankings.
    Blanco also doesn't deserve it. Too many MWs have not been building positive momentum, which is making the business/promotional aspect MUCH more difficult. We all want to see GGG vs. BJS/Jacobs, but after that, MW falls off because too many contenders are twiddling their ****ing thumbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      Blanco also doesn't deserve it. Too many MWs have not been building positive momentum, which is making the business/promotional aspect MUCH more difficult. We all want to see GGG vs. BJS/Jacobs, but after that, MW falls off because too many contenders are twiddling their ****ing thumbs.
      Ok, Blanco is not deserving either but that is likely what the WBA would do. If no Jacobs fight then I'd like to see GGG-Saunders but I doubt we'll see it because the WBA would just order another fight with the next highest ranked contender. Remember the WBA didn't sanction the Brook fight so they are expecting a mandatory defense happen. I'm not saying i'd like to see it though only that if the Jacobs fight doesn't happen, there's not going to be another good fight coming up for GGG.

Comment

Ok, Blanco is not deserving either but that is likely what the WBA would do. If no Jacobs fight then I'd like to see GGG-Saunders but I doubt we'll see it because the WBA would just order another fight with the next highest ranked contender. Remember the WBA didn't sanction the Brook fight so they are expecting a mandatory defense happen. I'm not saying i'd like to see it though only that if the Jacobs fight doesn't happen, there's not going to be another good fight coming up for GGG.
        It slipped my mind that WBA didn't sanction Brook. You're right that they'll definitely try to enforce a mandatory soon. IDK why they don't just force Blanco (who's been inactive for a year) to face Jacobs, and then the winner faces the "Super" champion.

GGG: Wade, Brook, Blanco.....ugh.

Comment

Saunders would be a unification fight though, I'm sure the WBA would allow a unification over a mandatory against the second interim title holder (Jacobs being the first).

Comment

• Is lilgina ready to make sacrifices?

Comment

• Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
              you missed the part that Jacobs is asking for an interim fight.

that's how you read between the lines. a little dim witted, huh?
              Of course he did. He's the biggest troll on NSB and is clearly insane.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                Is lilgina ready to make sacrifices?
                What sacrifices, numbskull?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                  Is lilgina ready to make sacrifices?
                  ggg is the one in position of power here you dumb fuk why should he make any sacrifices for danny jacobs who cant draw to save his life and gets ****ty ratings? jacobs doesn't want the fight he can fuk off and go fight in some town hall in bum fuk.

Comment

It slipped my mind that WBA didn't sanction Brook. You're right that they'll definitely try to enforce a mandatory soon. IDK why they don't just force Blanco (who's been inactive for a year) to face Jacobs, and then the winner faces the "Super" champion.

GGG: Wade, Brook, Blanco.....ugh.
                    Exactly.

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                    Saunders would be a unification fight though, I'm sure the WBA would allow a unification over a mandatory against the second interim title holder (Jacobs being the first).
                    It is possible but sanctioning bodies have to agree to allow the unification above the mandatory. In this case, Golovkin hasn't defended against his WBA madatory for such a long time that they need to enforce it before the other organizations enforce their mandatories. Of course Jacobs can vacate and fight Andy Lee whereas Golovkin will be forced to fight whoever the WBA tells him to fight, likely Blanco. As mentioned above, that would mean GGG would have fought wade, brook and blanco, not exactly a great way to push your case for a canelo fight.

Comment

Heiland is like many other MWs: inactivity and **** match-ups.

Out of the BoxRec's MW top 15, only 2 guys have matches lined up--Lemieux and BJS--but the match-ups are throwaway. Monroe has the most relevant win of 2016's last quarter (Sept-December) vs. Rosado, which speaks volumes about the current state of MW.

Golovkin/Monroe II, it is then

yay

Comment

Working...
                      X