No announcement yet.

Better Call Saul [TV]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by medium-deek View Post
    So no one got the significance of the "DONT" note then???
    Gus.

Comment

• Theories that the note was written by Fring, or at the very least one of his associates, were exacerbated by the discovery that the first letter of each of the ten-episode titles in “Saul’s” second season are an anagram for “FRING’S BACK.” That’s no coincidence.

Comment

• Yep, Gus!!!!

As someone put it very well on another site:

That "DON'T" note on Mike's windshield is a very deft piece of writing, because it works beautifully as fan service while being unobtrusive to those viewers who have no idea who Gus Fring is. For them, the note is an intriguing mystery, and for Breaking Bad fans it's an instantly recognisable callback to season three, when Gus called off the Cousins in a one-word text message moments before they assassinated Walt.

Comment

• Originally posted by medium-deek View Post
          Yep, Gus!!!!

As someone put it very well on another site:
          Good call. Gus Fring's appearance will add a lot next season.

Comment

• me and kim wexler,no glove

i can feel that

Comment

• Spoiler Alert.......Maybe?

Theories that the note was written by Fring, or at the very least one of his associates, were exacerbated by the discovery that the first letter of each of the ten-episode titles in “Saul’s” second season are an anagram for “FRING’S BACK.” That’s no coincidence.

Variety spoke with show runners Peter Gould and Vince Gilligan about why they chose to tease Fring in this fashion, what kind of discussions they’ve had with Esposito and other pressing questions from the finale.

Gus Fring is back! Maybe? The return of Hector Salamanca and the Cousins came as surprises during season two. Was the heightened anticipation of Gus’ return something you wanted fans to marinate in between seasons two and three of “Better Call Saul”?

Peter Gould: If we knew for sure one way or the other I’d be more comfortable saying that we want them to marinate in that. I have to say, we did not think the clues in the titles would be decoded as quickly as they were. We’re still mulling over season three. Now that the cat is out of the bag, we’re certainly thinking Gus Fring had a hand in what happened with Mike at the end of season two. Having said that, Gus Fring works in mysterious ways, he casts a long shadow, he works indirectly.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                You should probably stop waiting for the things you think should happen and watch the show as it is. That seems to be the huge majority of the criticism is that they want to see certain things that aren't happening, because they're still expecting it to tie too closely to Breaking Bad. Just let things happen. It's excellent TV. Gus will almost definitely be there next season. Jimmy will be Saul eventually. Until then enjoy the ride.
                Yeah you're right. I'm not really as critical of the show as it seems. My only real gripe was that the season finale ends without much being resolved or tied together yet. It was more lamenting the fact that I can't watch it play out until around feb 2017.... Not so much a criticism of the writers or production.

The last two episodes were red hot and I like where it's going. The Jimmy vs Chuck dynamic is very interesting and keeps getting better. To be honest I'm most excited to see him as Gene in Nebraska post-BB. The writers could potentially do anything with it and the prospect of that is exciting.

The thing that stands out to me the most about the show is how beautifully it is designed. There's a lot of eyegasm inducing scenes with great shots, great editing, great scenery, great use of colors, montage sequences, ect. In my opinion and their use of music is probably the best I've ever seen. It has an amazing soundtrack...much like BB.

I'd still have to say my favorite scene is this one.
                Last edited by Panopticon; 04-21-2016, 03:43 AM.

Comment

• two seasons in, and the title character hasnt appeared.

still no saul goodman.

but hey, its "noir" doe.

it must be great doe.

Comment

• Better Call Saul

It's a spin off TV series of breaking bad, and I am hooked, I might be enjoying this more than Breaking Bad, however, Saul was always my favorite character on the show, so I might have a certain bias. Anyone else check this series out?

Comment

• yea theres a thread for it here.. alot of posters complain its too slow, which some eps are but i still like it and will watch season 3

Comment

Working...
                      X