Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins Will Beat Dawson Pretty Easily

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he fights like he did against Pascal or the last dude, it's gonna be an easy work for Hopkins.

But if the Dawson who fought in the first Tarver fight shows up (and I think this one will) it's gonna be a hell of a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
      really? :laugh:
      don't be fooled by their fights vs Pascal
      Dawson fought like an idiot against Pascal
      he waited too much and refused to go in until too late
      Hopkins is an old guy
      Dawson can go in and out as he pleases against him
      Dawson has speed Hopkins can't contend with
      he's gonna lose clearly to Dawson
      it just won't be an entertaining fight
      Wasnt thinking about the Pascal fight, I noticed this the first time I saw him fight. Since he's not a natural southpaw he doesnt move like one, squares up way too much. Gets his right leg in bad positions all the time. This will be a cake walk. Same thing people said when I picked Ward over Kessler and many other upsets, I see what I see, beyond the obvious.

Comment

Dawson's handspeed and accuracy will beat Hopkins, great boxing skills too.

Hopkins beat Pascal twice, Pascal beat Dawson, Dawson will beat Hopkins.

De Ja Vu. Cotto/Mosley/Margarito all over again.

Only that Hopkins/Dawson/Pascal are much better fighters and neither of them will lose by TKO like whack ass Cotto and Margarito did. Getting knocked out like putas.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          If he fights like he did against Pascal or the last dude, it's gonna be an easy work for Hopkins.

But if the Dawson who fought in the first Tarver fight shows up (and I think this one will) it's gonna be a hell of a fight.
          Its not about which Dawson shows up, it wont matter. Boxing aint a strong man's game, its a thinking man's game. And Dawson, who I dont consider cerebral, is fighting one of the most cerebral fighters of the last 50 years, Hop wins convincingly.

Comment

I love Hopkins but I can see him faking low blows and complaining about soft rabbit punches to buy time like he did throughout the Calzaghe fight, in this Dawson fight. Dawson will not be winging punches like Pascal, and he will not stand there like Pavlik. In a boxing match, Dawson should win. Hopkins needs to make it a dirty fight in order to win, and he is very capable of that.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Dawson's handspeed and accuracy will beat Hopkins, great boxing skills too.

Hopkins beat Pascal twice, Pascal beat Dawson, Dawson will beat Hopkins.

De Ja Vu. Cotto/Mosley/Margarito all over again.

Only that Hopkins/Dawson/Pascal are much better fighters and neither of them will lose by TKO like whack ass Cotto and Margarito did. Getting knocked out like putas.
              Another clueless statement. What does anything you said have to do with this fight? So every fighter who has the better handspeed always win the fight? Get a clue. Pascal had faster hands than Hopkins, what happened?

Comment

Bhopreign showing us again why he is one of the least respected members of this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
                  Wasnt thinking about the Pascal fight, I noticed this the first time I saw him fight. Since he's not a natural southpaw he doesnt move like one, squares up way too much. Gets his right leg in bad positions all the time. This will be a cake walk. Same thing people said when I picked Ward over Kessler and many other upsets, I see what I see, beyond the obvious.
                  Hoipkins can't elude punches like he used to
                  he doesn't have legs
                  he looked better against sloppy guys like Pavlik, Joe, and Pascal
                  Dawson won't be standing there to be hit back after he lands
                  as the slower man, Hopkins won't be dictating the pace
                  Dawson is too much for Hopkins at this point
                  Hopkins won't land many combinations, Dawson won't allow it

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    I love Hopkins but I can see him faking low blows and complaining about soft rabbit punches to buy time like he did throughout the Calzaghe fight, in this Dawson fight. Dawson will not be winging punches like Pascal, and he will not stand there like Pavlik. In a boxing match, Dawson should win. Hopkins needs to make it a dirty fight in order to win, and he is very capable of that.
                    Trust me Kev, Hopkins will take advantage of Chad's footwork. The mental game outside the ring is already working, I can tell Chad is somewhat intimidated about the whole situation and what to expect in the ring. Chad is more concerned about these big paydays and he's loving the money right now more than he wants to win this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
                      Its not about which Dawson shows up, it wont matter. Boxing aint a strong man's game, its a thinking man's game. And Dawson, who I dont consider cerebral, is fighting one of the most cerebral fighters of the last 50 years, Hop wins convincingly.
                      I hope your right and I will also be rooting for Hopkins. But what I'm saying is that Dawson has been utilizing a new style lately that hasn't really worked well and B-Hop would easily exploit it. Watch the first Dawson-Tarver fight, you can't tell me that style of boxing wouldn't bother Hopkins. And him switching back to his old trainer lets me know he's going back to that style. Very athletic and fighters with fast hands have always given him trouble (Roy, Taylor, Calzaghe, even Pascal to a certain extent).

Comment

Working...
                      X