Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the fact that Wlad never avenged his TKO losses...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
    He never really got the chance to rematch Sanders. Sanders went into the Vitali fight in terrible shape and got beat up. After that he never dedicated himself to the sport again.
    And that's why Wlad should have rematched him
    A rematch KO over a bum would look better than an unanswered TKO.

Comment

No, I would've liked to see him avenge them but I don't hold it against him.

Comment

I always liked that Lewis went back and avenged all his losses, but honestly, it's not that big of a deal.

Would I prefer Wlad went back and beat them, yes. Does it make me think he isn't great? No.

Comment

He should have gone back for Sanders. Definitely.

Edit: Oh and Kittenflaps, my boy (<-) says bring it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cereal View Post
            Edit: Oh and Kittenflaps, my boy (<-) says bring it.
            Your boy is all hype. Roach predicted your boy KO'd in the third, but Teddy Atlas said he thinks you'll win.

Comment

the way he beat down brewster in the rematch you know he would have done the same to sanders and purity.
              in my eyes brewster was the best of the three.

Comment

Originally posted by deemo View Post
                the way he beat down brewster in the rematch you know he would have done the same to sanders and purity.
                Brewster got Wladimir at the right time in my opinion. Sanders was always the most dangerous for Wladimir out of the three.

He was a quick, hard-hitting southpaw who made Wladimir come at him.

He caught Vitali with a similar punch as well but Vitali was able to take it and recover, although not without staggering around the ring. Sanders wasn't exactly in his best shape either for that fight.

Wladimir's tactics for the Brewster fight wouldn't have worked because Sanders would have simply waited for opportunities to counter, unlike Brewster who plodded forward and ate jabs.

Comment

Perhaps the Sanders defeat, but Sanders dissapeared to the countryclub following the brutal hammering he got from Vitali.

So in reality a rematch isn't needed and I wouldn't doubt the winner if they ever were to fight again anyway.

Comment

Wlad didnt want to rematch Sanders because he is scared of fighting guys with no fear, power and a chin.
                    He knew he would probably lose again.

Comment

Originally posted by deemo View Post
                      you mean the lamon brewster coming off a loss, retina surgery and a one year layoff?

Comment

Working...
                      X