Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mma Vs Boxing Debate On Sportcenter Right Now!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand how ufc is bigger then boxing worldwide. Haye can fill up a ****en stadium in his hometown while ufc can't have 3 ufc events around the world and fill them up at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
      They said they expected 1mill for tommorows fight and 500 k for the jones fight. But ufc got their biggest names why didn't they compare the oscar vs manny fight to ufc's biggest fight?
      Dana expects it. I'm not so sure yet.

I wouldn't put this fight up against DLH/Pac. I would like to see how it goes up against Nog/Mir and Griffin/Sugar.

Comment

I bet oscar vs manny will double the lesnar vs couture fights numbers

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
          you are seriously saying that the MMA demographic in America isnt middle class white males? Even Dana White admitted this.
          That's the demograph right now. I do think as time goes by and there are more programs that sponsor grappling and people open their perceptions of fighting, it will get more multicultual. Jackson's and Lloyd Irvin have been making steps in the right direction.

Comment

I bet oscar vs manny will double the lesnar vs couture fights numbers

Lesnar Couture isn't a huge fight for real MMA fans, they are just billing it as that to make it seem bigger than it is

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
              Wilbon and Kornhesier.

Which already proves the discussion has no credibility. Both of them are buffoons.

Comment

Originally posted by evilp0ptart View Post
                Lesnar Couture isn't a huge fight for real MMA fans, they are just billing it as that to make it seem bigger than it is
                I'm talking numbers wise not real mma fans plus only like 20% of ufc fans are real fans the other 80% are white pop culture fans

Comment

I'm talking numbers wise not real mma fans plus only like 20% of ufc fans are real fans the other 80% are white pop culture fans
                  Can't argue with that

Comment

I don't understand how ufc is bigger then boxing worldwide. Haye can fill up a ****en stadium in his hometown while ufc can't have 3 ufc events around the world and fill them up at the same time
                    It's not.

Canada and The Ilses isn't Worldwide.

Sure striped down into individual Martial Arts, they can fill stadiums, but MMA isn't that popular yet in europe. Also, the Brit Boxing commission hasn't really made an effort to work with the UFC, so there still some work there as well.

Comment

Haye aint sold out the o2 for tomorrow yet. the is still tickets on sale, yet when the UFC came to the o2 it was sold out in 2days.

Another debate? itreally seems like America is on MMA's nuts.

Comment

Working...
                      X