No announcement yet.

Nishioka is #1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
    That was more my thinking. Nishioka did what a lot of guys do. He was frozen by a guy who proves why when guys open up on him. We saw in spots after the first KD that Nishioka could have done more all night and we saw what he was worried about too. Not an exciting fight, but I thought it was a very good performance from Donaire. I think the year layoff might have played a part in early tightness, but Donaire just proved better.

I didn't like the way he responded on Rigo, but that's not the fight I'd like to see yet either (I'm not positive Rigo is ready professionally and I'd like to see him with some more proven stuff) so I don't care that much. I do see, the way Donaire bit on Nishi's feints, some of why the Cult of Rigo wants to find out what happens.

I'd personally like to see the Mares-Moreno winner next. That winner is a seasoned guy in their absolute prime. That being a long shot, a move to 126 would be intriguing and could be exciting if it came against Salido. Salido is the fight I'm thinking would be the most exciting of the bunch right now up a class title wise.
    yah nishi showed the speed and good accuracy with the left hand (when he decided to open up), but he was just too hesitant to take any risks. and those two kds showed just why he was hesitant...donaire packs power in both hands its not hard to see.

rigo should fight a high profile fight in december .only way for him to get closer to a donaire fight. mares and moreno are with gbp so hard to make that fight unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Because height, reach and skill levels are not the only thing to take into consideration, you've also gotta take into mind frames!

I.E a 6ft tall could look anorexic at 11st another guy may look fairly chubby and another maybe pretty stocky and strong as an ox.

Different people have different genetics.

I.E Jeff Lacy is built like a barn door at 5ft10 and super middle, Felix Sturm is the same height and a small middle yet say Calderon is that height yet built like rizzla paper and couldn't swat a fly. Depends on bone density and allsorts.
      You don't have to be Hercules to crack like Tommy Hearns and vice versa
      That does not even answer why you want Nonito to move up to LW.

As it is you are total joke.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
        yah nishi showed the speed and good accuracy with the left hand (when he decided to open up), but he was just too hesitant to take any risks. and those two kds showed just why he was hesitant...donaire packs power in both hands its not hard to see.

rigo should fight a high profile fight in december .only way for him to get closer to a donaire fight. mares and moreno are with gbp so hard to make that fight unfortunately.
        Very unfortunate. I like Moreno to win there and I think he has the sack to think he can outbox anyone. I'd love to see him and Donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Disagree, I see a guy with nothing but a left hand, a one handed fighter who telegraphs every punch. Rigondeaux destroys him, hes a ****ing big bum and not as good as Maroquinn IMO

All I see is a big div, picking on little fighters and shot fighters, he has no skill, I think you all talk stupid personally.

Rigondeaux would make him his *****, easy fight, not 50/50, not 60/40, Rigo kills that pudgy 1-D wannabe, he is no boxer. He is a bum, no better than your average St bully.
          With Donaire's unorthodox style its hard for anyone to try and box all 12 rounds, eventually they all have to open up and that's where Donaire is able to catch every opponent. Plus none of those little dudes have enough power to gain Donaire's respect. In all honesty I rather see Mares and Agbeko when he moves up give it a shot because they at least would bring the fight to Donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
            Very unfortunate. I like Moreno to win there and I think he has the sack to think he can outbox anyone. I'd love to see him and Donaire.
            moreno would be a tough fight for donaire ...most likely not action packed, but a good chess match.

Comment

Working...
            X