Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was the ref wrong in stopping the Briggs/Lewis fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was the ref wrong in stopping the Briggs/Lewis fight?

Just got done watching the briggs/lewis fight for the first time and all I have to say is WOW! briggs gave it everything he had and kept getting up. He should have been allowed to keep fighting until he couldn't stand up any longer.

Absolutely disgraceful ref. Robbing a man of his honor like that.

He even pleaded for the ref to not stop the fight!

Originally posted by BigNuts View Post
    He should have been allowed to keep fighting until he couldn't stand up any longer.
    He couldn't stand up any longer, which is why he went down from throwing his own punch.

Comment

Just got done watching the briggs/lewis fight for the first time and all I have to say is WOW! briggs gave it everything he had and kept getting up. He should have been allowed to keep fighting until he couldn't stand up any longer.

This is literally the first time I've ever heard someone say that. Briggs was lying more than standing, it was absolutely a 100% correct stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

This is literally the first time I've ever heard someone say that. Briggs was lying more than standing, it was absolutely a 100% correct stoppage.
        hmmm......

Comment

really??????? lol

Comment

[IMG]http://ist3-2.filesor.com/***********.com/1/_/_/_/1/2/Z/p/d/2Zpdu/Bowie%20LOLZ.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

It was a humane stoppage. Briggs wasn't physically able to be competitive anymore. Maybe it could have gone a bit longer but once a boxing match ceases to be competitive it becomes a spectacle similar to the Roman era fights.

Comment

Working...
              X