No announcement yet.

If you can only fight 1 certain style of fighter, you are not ELITE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you can only fight 1 certain style of fighter, you are not ELITE

Sick of fighters claiming someone "RAN" it is called boxing, if you can only win against fighters who stand in front of you and swing you are not an elite fighter period

its really that simple. great point larry.

Comment

Anyone calling Provodnikov elite before this fight was tripping.

Comment

Yes, i agree...

margs and castillo were come forward fighters, but they had enough skills to deal with anyone, whereas a ruslan can only hang with stationary fighters

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Anyone calling Provodnikov elite before this fight was tripping.
          http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=643001

Comment

There are a lot of fighters in that thread called elite who aren't. People need to raise their standards for elite fighters.

Comment

I never thought Provo was elite but I DID think he was a little more special in regards to closing the distance with a boxer. I thought he could close like Maidana does, but I was wrong.

Provodnikov is still a beast though. You can't slip or you'll get ****ed up, even if it's temporarily like in Algieris case.

Comment

i only saw two people in that thread say that...and of course, Larry's overractin ass makes it seem like everyone and their mothers was claiming Ruslan as elite

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                  I never thought Provo was elite but I DID think he was a little more special in regards to closing the distance with a boxer. I thought he could close like Maidana does, but I was wrong.

Provodnikov is still a beast though. You can't slip or you'll get ****ed up, even if it's temporarily like in Algieris case.
                  I thought he closed distance good early,, but he faded after 6 rounds and became really one-dimensional in the 2nd half,, come forward, with the same punches, and doing nothing to change,, reminded me of lucas vs danny...Works well early but once you start to tire alittle and the other guy makes adjustments, your basically a sitting duck..
                  Guys like margs, JLC were brilliant in that yes they came forward but their punch selection was much better and they would use angles alot better, instead of just a bee-line everytime

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    I thought he closed distance good early,, but he faded after 6 rounds and became really one-dimensional in the 2nd half,, come forward, with the same punches, and doing nothing to change,, reminded me of lucas vs danny...Works well early but once you start to tire alittle and the other guy makes adjustments, your basically a sitting duck..
                    Guys like margs, JLC were brilliant in that yes they came forward but their punch selection was much better and they would use angles alot better, instead of just a bee-line everytime
                    I thought Algieri worked well to the body early on which slowed Provo down in the second half of the fight. Several times I saw Provo drop his arms and give an inconspicuous grimace after Algieri dropped a left hook to the body.

Algieri has the potential to have a great career. However, he took a lot of damage, I hope there are no lasting effects.

Comment

Working...
                    X