No announcement yet.

Kell Brook vs Vyacheslav Senchenko RbR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    You seem to take what you think people are saying, and read it as that I didn't mention resume.

I said it's better than anything Brook has done, in response to your question, to further show that at this moment in time Alexander has been more impressive.

For the record, I don't think Alexander would dominate Brook I think it's a competitive fight. But that's JMO.
    Nah, that other guy definitely said "Alexander would beat Brook without much trouble". I was just curious what he'd base that on, since, let's be honest, Alexander hasn't really beaten anyone world level 'without much trouble' since Urango. Maidana could be included, but look at Bradley, Kotelnik, Matthysse. I believe Kell Brook is at Kotelnik's level.

I'm not even saying Brook would beat Alexander, but he just wouldn't be a walkover. That was my point.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      You saw what happened in the rematch. Jones took a beating. Alexander has been touched in the past too. It's not like he's a defensive wizard. He's quick. I'll give him that. He's quick with the hooks. But Kell has a better punch variety and has better head movement. Kell also has sublime footwork.

He beat that guy for the title. He looked alright. Of course they aren't elite. But they aren't bums either.

Who is not a hard puncher and who doesn't have a good chin?
      Bottom line....this would be a real good fight to make. Personally i got Brook knocking out Alexander.

Comment

You saw what happened in the rematch. Jones took a beating. Alexander has been touched in the past too. It's not like he's a defensive wizard. He's quick. I'll give him that. He's quick with the hooks. But Kell has a better punch variety and has better head movement. Kell also has sublime footwork.

He beat that guy for the title. He looked alright. Of course they aren't elite. But they aren't bums either.

Who is not a hard puncher and who doesn't have a good chin?
        He didn't look good in the rematch either, he got his nose busted up in the rematch aswell and got touched a lot.

Like I said, Jones wouldn't land a glove on Alexander.

He is a lot slicker than Brook. A lot.

Brook's footwork sublime? Not even close. I wouldn't even consider it to be good. It's decent at best.

It speaks volumes you can't name anyone Senchenko has beat. I think he beat Jackiewicz, who's ok I suppose? I think they want 1-1 or something I'm going off memory.

Senchenko is not a hard puncher. And by the look of things his chin isn't very good either.

Comment

Nah, that other guy definitely said "Alexander would beat Brook without much trouble". I was just curious what he'd base that on, since, let's be honest, Alexander hasn't really beaten anyone world level 'without much trouble' since Urango. Maidana could be included, but look at Bradley, Kotelnik, Matthysse. I believe Kell Brook is at Kotelnik's level.

I'm not even saying Brook would beat Alexander, but he just wouldn't be a walkover. That was my point.
          I do agree I don't think Alexander would dominate Brook. I think it's competitive. Personally I don't overly rate either but naturally I lean on Alexander at this moment in time.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            He didn't look good in the rematch either, he got his nose busted up in the rematch aswell and got touched a lot.

Like I said, Jones wouldn't land a glove on Alexander.

He is a lot slicker than Brook. A lot.

Brook's footwork sublime? Not even close. I wouldn't even consider it to be good. It's decent at best.

It speaks volumes you can't name anyone Senchenko has beat. I think he beat Jackiewicz, who's ok I suppose? I think they want 1-1 or something I'm going off memory.

Senchenko is not a hard puncher. And by the look of things his chin isn't very good either.
            I think Jones and Alexander used to spar, and I remember reading somewhere that Jones did pretty well. That's all i'll say about it. Jones really fancied his chances against him.

Brook had about one bad round in the rematch. He smashed jones up pretty good.

His footwork is good. It's a helluva lot better than other British fighters. His balance is very good. It also allows him to lean back even against a fighter with a significant reach advantage like yesterday.

He had that fight with the guy he won the belt off. He also had Klose who's seasoned. And he beat Ricky Hatton. Or the shell of him at least. Plus he momentarily buzzed Brook. He could punch a little.

Comment

• Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
              Honestly I can't wait to bet against Brook if he ever steps up, the odds are gonna be great.
              Depending on who it's against, you're going to lose. Don't mistake the lack of strength of opposition for a weak fighter being protected. People made and continue to make that mistake with Canelo.

If fights were fought comparing resumes, no prospect would ever beat a veteran. Devon would've never beaten Witter if that were the case. If Brook were a slow and prodding power puncher like Urango and Maidana, I would favor Devon against Brook too, but he isn't. He's a boxer puncher that is solid all around.

Brook's timing and catch & counter against lesser southpaws would translate well against Devon. He'd neutralize Devon's jab and counter with his own and add certain things offensively that Bradley didn't do. If they ever fight, I'm confident Brook wins a clear decision.

Comment

Working...
              X