Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Pacquiao is Desperate, He's On The Decline

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This fight is never gonna happen. You know when Floyd brings up Pac's name he has something to promote coming up, im looking for the update soon.

Comment

• Mayweather's comments demonstrate how and why he values his '0' so highly, he sees it as his money-maker - which is why he won't risk it against Pacquiao.

He's talking crap about Pacquiao though, if Pacquiao wanted to increase his marketability all Bob Arum would have to do is put him in there with come-forward fighters like Maidana and Berto and watch the fireworks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
        His defense is highly overrated. Cotto and Ortiz were getting to him with regularity

Getting hit on the forearms and shoulders while on the ropes isn't defense, its called taking punishment

Comment

• Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
          Yeah and Juan Diaz would have been better to. Not saying he couldnt have done it just that cherry picking isnt exclusive.
          The problem is, you look at all Floyd's opposition since Hoya and outside of the WW title holder Ortiz (who came off fight of the year), where all coming off KO's/TKO’s, where Champions and/or title holders and top in their weight class.

IF you want to call that cherry picking than I don’t know what you would call Pac’s selection of opposition. Which is the porblem, too many pactarts look at who and not when Pac fought the guys that he did.

Comment

• im confused...

so being that pacman may be desperate and offer you a BETTER payday

that is a NOT a reason to make the fight?

i thought floyd wanted a better payday he gets it and still wont make the
            fight...

man, after such a good performance and exciting fight with cotto

and floyd comes back letting people down..

if floyd wanted the fight he would make the fight...

Comment

• I don't see what the big deal is~ knowing what Floyd has said in the past this is pretty much right in line with how he feels, if he said different I would be surprised.

It is his opinion, you don't have to like it but it is Floyd's nature~ it is kind of like getting mad about water being wet.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                Mayweather's comments demonstrate how and why he values his '0' so highly, he sees it as his money-maker - which is why he won't risk it against Pacquiao.

He's talking crap about Pacquiao though, if Pacquiao wanted to increase his marketability all Bob Arum would have to do is put him in there with come-forward fighters like Maidana and Berto and watch the fireworks.
                that is exactly a good point...look im a fan of floyd but pacman is more

popular in the WORLD of sports where mayweather is not....

pac lost to bradley but is just as popular as before, because people watched that fight and know he was robbed...

secondly pac has been active and exciting for years and years where floyd

takes off a lot of time...

this is not about popularity floyd, if floyd wanted to be the best he would

fight the best

Comment

• Pac is willing to accept less and do full OSTD's and Floyd instead of accepting the fight calls Pac desperate. Talk about a copout.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
                    The problem is, you look at all Floyd's opposition since Hoya and outside of the WW title holder Ortiz (who came off fight of the year), where all coming off KO's/TKO’s, where Champions and/or title holders and top in their weight class.

IF you want to call that cherry picking than I don’t know what you would call Pac’s selection of opposition. Which is the porblem, too many pactarts look at who and not when Pac fought the guys that he did.
                    All of Mays fights have been decent at welter. Pacs actually a lil less but I gotta say Bradley was decent in the sense that he was fighting a style that could give hime a problem. I think Bradley deserves more credit than Catchweight cotto, shot as **** mosley, and margo. Clottey was coming off a loss but still top 10 welter. I know he didnt show up for that fight which raises questions but josh just seems to drop the ball in every championship fight. Marquez is what shocked me. I really thought he'd get it like he did from floyd. which also wasnt that good of a welter fight for floyd either. the only reason the floyd juan fight has any clout now is because he made manny look average. the 4th fight is absurd. he should have rematched bradley. i personally think pac beat bradley but ive watched it a few times and can see how someone might have.

Comment

• i agree, pacq could agree to fight for 5dollars and testing every day! and Mayw still wouldnt agree to fight him....

Comment

Working...
                      X