Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 10 p4p hardest hitters of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roberto Duran maybe. The generic answer is Shavers, so i'll be generic and say Shavers.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I think there might be a slight difference considering Eubank actually knocked out Watson whereas McClellean wasn't knocked out or even dropped by a single blow.

When fighters have died in the ring or been brain damaged, how many times did it happen in the manner McClellan did. This obviously wasn't your average case.

Your last sentence is exactly what others are doing, expressing their thoughts on what might have happened. Neither you or anyone else has any idea what actually happened other than speculation.

I myself, I think the damage was done before he got to Benn and was only a matter of time before the tragic ending would happen.
      McClellan was hit with numerous big hooks from Benn for a number of rounds, one punch knockouts are not the most common case of where severe damage is caused to the fighter, it is usually the taking of numerous punches round after round. I'd say this was your average case.

There is certainly a possibility that McClellan was more susceptible going in but to discount the damage that Benn was causing seems a bit strange. Clearly the proximate cause of McClellan's bleeding of the brain was the guy who had been punching his head for 10 rounds immedietely before the bleeding.

Originally posted by New England View Post
      i don't think it's ever appropriate to discount the damage a fighter had taken in his career prior to a fight. in addition to a championship level pro career, mclellan was a good amateur [beat roy jones] and was boxing out of one of the best gyms in the country. your brain takes damage along the way.

i've heard from several sources that mcclellan had "headaches" following his first fight with julian jackson. i've never heard him describing the feeling of "rushing water," that you describe. that's pretty remarkable stuff. jackson is one of the hardest / sharpest punches ever, and he did hit mcclellan with several bombs.

nothin but a g thang.
      i hope somebody watches this thing with me.
      A boxer having headaches after a fight is pretty standard.

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
        McClellan was hit with numerous big hooks from Benn for a number of rounds, one punch knockouts are not the most common case of where severe damage is caused to the fighter, it is usually the taking of numerous punches round after round. I'd say this was your average case.

There is certainly a possibility that McClellan was more susceptible going in but to discount the damage that Benn was causing seems a bit strange. Clearly the proximate cause of McClellan's bleeding of the brain was the guy who had been punching his head for 10 rounds immedietely before the bleeding.

A boxer having chronic headaches after a fight is not "standard."

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
          Write your guess

Here is mine (Remember its p4p so their shouldnt be many if any HW in there)

1) Julian Jackson (watch his KO highlight, undesputable, nuff said)

2) Nigel Benn (turned gerald into a "cripple" which is something Julian Jacksons punches didnt do)

3) Hitman Hearns (that straight right was dynamite)

4) Jack Dempsey (had power way above his physical frame, known as the giant killer for a reason) in a modern era with weight cutting he would have been a LHW

5) Naseem Hammed (never known such a light man to hit so hard)
          It is hard to do power p4p, what about do it per division?

Anyway I'd probably say that Naseem Hamed was the hardest punching featherweight in history, even ahead of Sandy Saddler. I think Marciano who was similar weight to Dempsey punched harder than Dempsey. The hardest punching heavyweights in history are probably Shavers, Foreman and maybe Wlad Klitschko and a few others are not too far behind.

The way Duran's power carried up in weight was pretty remarkable. Also Edwin Valero, Bob Satterfield?

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            A boxer having chronic headaches after a fight is not "standard."
            Were they chronic?

Comment

not after several months.

let's not act like new england has never taken shots to the head.

Comment

It is hard to do power p4p, what about do it per division?

Anyway I'd probably say that Naseem Hamed was the hardest punching featherweight in history, even ahead of Sandy Saddler. I think Marciano who was similar weight to Dempsey punched harder than Dempsey. The hardest punching heavyweights in history are probably Shavers, Foreman and maybe Wlad Klitschko and a few others are not too far behind.

The way Duran's power carried up in weight was pretty remarkable. Also Edwin Valero, Bob Satterfield?

sigh........

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  not after several months.

let's not act like new england has never taken shots to the head.
                  Who actually said he had headaches for months after? Was it him?

Your last sentence is very explanatory.

Comment

Were they chronic?
                    Yes they were according to what his sister said.

Comment

Who actually said he had headaches for months after? Was it him?

Your last sentence is very explanatory.

and you're implying what, exactly?

Comment

Working...
                      X