Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Guerrero: I'll Break A lot of Critics' Jaws With Aydin Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Guerrero: I'll Break A lot of Critics' Jaws With Aydin Win

Floyd Mayweather will not be sauntering through the HP Pavilion tunnel with his signature swagger on July 28th, but Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero is finding out that Selcuk Aydin might be a fitting opponent after all.

[Click Here To Read More]

WARRR GUERRERO! Can't wait to see you back in action champ

Comment

I'm not impressed with Aydin.

The only fight I saw of his was against Said Ouali in 2009 and he won by SD.

I don't know what Guerrero will be proving by beating him, only that he has recovered from his surgery well, and is ready to fight the top guys?

Comment

It's about time you are ready to break some ones jaw. You have all ready broken all of our ear drums.....

Comment

I'm inclined to take Aydin since this is Guerrero's first fight in a 2 class jump... and Aydin can crack.

Comment

I like Guerrero's skills but he sounds more and more like a diva every day. First off, he is not a 5 time world champion because ****ing interim titles don't count in my book and any fighter that's parading them around for recognition is ignorant. He is a 2 division titleholder that won his IBF strap back after Salido was stripped and the Ghosts "L" overturned. The problem with diva's like Guerrero is they wanna call out top dogs like Floyd, Manny and JMM but don't want to put in the work. He should be staking his claim among the best by taking on the likes of Rios, De Marco, Miguel Vazquez, Linares, Burns or other young top contenders at 140 before whining like a diva. When your best win is Katsidis, who every other top fighter has beaten then you still have work to do. Good luck on your 6th world title (WBC interim 147 strap) Ghost!

Comment

Originally posted by KTFO View Post
              I like Guerrero's skills but he sounds more and more like a diva every day. First off, he is not a 5 time world champion because ****ing interim titles don't count in my book and any fighter that's parading them around for recognition is ignorant. He is a 2 division titleholder that won his IBF strap back after Salido was stripped and the Ghosts "L" overturned. The problem with diva's like Guerrero is they wanna call out top dogs like Floyd, Manny and JMM but don't want to put in the work. He should be staking his claim among the best by taking on the likes of Rios, De Marco, Miguel Vazquez, Linares, Burns or other young top contenders at 140 before whining like a diva. When your best win is Katsidis, who every other top fighter has beaten then you still have work to do. Good luck on your 6th world title (WBC interim 147 strap) Ghost!
              This right here^^^^^^

The thing that gets me too is that he talks as if he's something to be feared in the ring. Like fighters are running away from him. Even in this interview he makes it seem like Aydin and him can't get any fights cause they're so feared, so they have to fight each other! Really Guerrero!? Get the heck outta here with that crap. His best win is Katsidis, Aydin's best win is Jojo. Please explain to me how that qualifies them for a shot at a Mayweather or Pacquiao. I don't have a problem with them WANTING to fight the best, cause every fighter should want to. But c'mon son with this crap like these guys are avoiding them. It's laughable.

Comment

Nearest comparison to Selcuk Aydin, total package wise, is former featherweight champ Daniel Ponce DeLeon. Both have good power but Aydin has even less boxing ability than DeLeon, and that's not something many can lay claim to. Guerrero doesn't lose a round against this guy.

Comment

Aydin is a pretty strong guy

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                    This right here^^^^^^

The thing that gets me too is that he talks as if he's something to be feared in the ring. Like fighters are running away from him. Even in this interview he makes it seem like Aydin and him can't get any fights cause they're so feared, so they have to fight each other! Really Guerrero!? Get the heck outta here with that crap. His best win is Katsidis, Aydin's best win is Jojo. Please explain to me how that qualifies them for a shot at a Mayweather or Pacquiao. I don't have a problem with them WANTING to fight the best, cause every fighter should want to. But c'mon son with this crap like these guys are avoiding them. It's laughable.
                    Yeah, I don't know why he thinks he's feared. He decisioned Katsidis, Casamayor, and Escobedo. So his best wins were against pretty average/good fighters, and they were decisions, Joel is not an average fighter but he was way past it already. I mean if it was TKO wins against them, they would have been better wins. But don't get me wrong, stopping Katsidis is not the easiest thing in the world, he's only been stopped twice out of his 5 losses, but i'm saying if you wanna stand out, you gotta get that TKO against the underdog who is not considered to be in your league.

Comment

Working...
                    X